Senior Manager Platform as a Service ( 594729-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Working with core and cross-functional teams to lead the development of product strategy for Platform as a Service for Verizon Business Group products. The platform as a service will cover a wide range of capabilities from networks services to security to data insights.
- Lead the product management function for the PaaS - customer voice, overall product requirements, input into customer experience.
- Leading and developing a direct team of two or moremanagers; collaborate, influence, and align a large cross-functional team of peers.
- Creating/running and participating in multiple VP/SVP/C-level executive-level meetings.
- Helping define business and technical requirements to align with features and functional specifications.
- Identifying trends, performing competitive analysis, conducting market research, and developing customer needs roadmap that feeds into our product roadmap.
- Leading and working closely with other functional teams, third parties, and vendors to facilitate comparative analysis and fit.
- Working with a broader sales team to understand and compile VOC.
- Driving vendor evaluation and product discussions.
- Driving M & A discussions with Corporate Development and being the technical SME and often being the person finding the target company(s).
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience in product management and developing product ideas and roadmaps.
- Willingness to travel.
- A valid Driver’s license.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Master’s degree, ideally an MBA.
- Six or more years of experience with technology strategy, innovation or product development.
- Experience leading market research, competitive analysis, and technical evaluation.
- Knowledge of networking product and protocols related to network functions, security, sd-wan etc.
- Experience in Full Stack Operations (e.g., application, infrastructure, data), API management, Data Analytics, and AI/ML.
- Knowledge of cloud-native and container technologies (e.g., Kubernetes, Docker).
- Experience in full-stack software engineering – design vendor selection, software development – client, back-end and infrastructure.
- Interpersonal, verbal and written skills, and the ability to work effectively with executives.
- The ability to collaborate effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to package and sell ideas and influence across all levels of management and across organizational levels.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).