Service Manager ( R-00084921 )
SUMMARY: Under general direction, responsible for the first line management of customer service site engineers, supporting DAA & rest of Ireland, who provide service, support, and repair of company products to customers in site activities, ensuring company goals are met and policies and procedures adhered to. Supports UK & Ireland Service Operations Manager by assisting in developing, maintaining and improving current customer relationships and other strategic opportunities to acquire new fee-generating opportunities while preserving and increasing the revenue from current accounts by ensuring unparalleled client satisfaction through the delivery and maintenance of best-in-class security and detection products and related professional services. Provides guidance, coordination, and direction to department employees and checks work for quality and proficiency. The duties and responsibilities may change from time to time with notice and include but are not limited to the duties described below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs and coordinates activities of site service engineers engaged in the installation, repair, and servicing of company equipment in supporting DAA & rest of Ireland sites. Sets priorities and monitors progress according to established field requirements.
- Studies schedules and estimates time, cost, and labour for completion of job assignments. Manages employees in the servicing and repairing of equipment.
- Cultivates, improves, and sustains relationships with customers and ensures customer satisfaction by following-up with customers and field engineers through service completion.
- Attends quarterly meetings with DAA and presents the quarterly report.
- Implements and attends regular service review meetings with the customer, representing Leidos interests and identifies areas for improvement in working relationship.
- Ensures correct accounting of all spares, owns and establishes local processes to drive effective inventory management.
- Mentors the Apprentice & ensures that employees are trained, instructed, and oriented in proper procedures, operations, and methods.
- Holds fortnightly conference calls to ensure Team are engaged & fully informed
- Delivers 2 x team training meetings per year
- Analyses and communicates client satisfaction reports; makes liaison with multiple internal and external teams including vendor representatives to ensure client satisfaction and executive fee-generating services; provides direction in the development and implementation of product line training to both internal and external clients; keeps management apprised of all progress, results, and issues.
- Provides technical and functional leadership and guidance as required. Advises on and ensures the proper level of training for engineers and customers in the installation, use and service of company equipment.
- Advises management regarding customer satisfaction, product performance, and suggestions for product improvements. Coordinates customer service function with other departments.
- Trains and Mentors staff, evaluates employee performance; recommends promotions, transfers, and/or disciplinary action.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for monitoring work activities in order to inform management of current status or work tasks.
- Captures asset performance data and works directly with Quality & Engineering departments to drive HW/SW product improvements.
- Coordinates and provides support to DAA & rest of Ireland by installing, calibrating, maintaining, testing, troubleshooting and repairing of x-ray and CT based security systems of a highly complex nature.
- Prepares and conducts formal and informal training courses for customer personnel in the operation and maintenance of systems and equipment. Provides on-site technical and operator training.
- Works with customer via phone or in person to identify operations/technical problems. Responds to customer complaints and questions until resolved, escalating as required.
- Escalation point for the Team & customer providing expert support in the diagnoses of system & interface problems. Must be prepared to deploy to site in support of any complex technical escalations, this may include OOH & weekends.
- Acquaints customer personnel with the full capabilities of the equipment and/or systems for the immediate operational requirements. Advises customer of all equipment changes and authorised modifications.
- Performs interim Performance Reviews of directly reporting team members
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associate’s degree in electronics or graduate of technical school in electronic engineering technology or equivalent experience preferred. Minimum of three (3)years in responsible positions working in customer service/repair environment. Previous airport maintenance experience a plus as well as experience in strategic account management with an emphasis on customer relationship management, client satisfaction initiatives, and professional services business development. Knowledge of complex mechanical systems, familiarity with test equipment and experience with High Voltage and X-ray producing equipment required.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must possess excellent customer interface, presentation, and communication skills with the ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely.
- Must be computer literate and have knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Knowledge of MRP and CRM systems desirable.
- A strong working knowledge of complex digital and analogue circuitry along with understanding of RF/MW theory is required.
- Must be able to manage employees and direct people in their daily field service work activities.
- Position requires a creative problem solver with strong technical detail orientation.
- May be required from time to time to lift heavy weights.