Service Delivery Manager - Ontario, CA (111808804)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Service Delivery Manager will monitor the daily service strategy activities for the PacWest Market and interface with customers and vendors as necessary. In addition to utilizing his/her expertise to supervise, support, coach and direct Team Members, he/she will provide feedback to the team. This Service Delivery Manager will serve in the capacity to lead and set the example of Extraordinary Every Time for a team of 10+ individuals. In addition to this leadership role, he/she will handle escalations and monitor the overall traffic flow of requests via all access channels. Heavily involved in the intake process and taking responsibility for the proper communications to the IT Leadership in Infrastructure & Operations on projects upcoming and portfolio that requires resources from the I&O Teams. This person will serve as an expert in team member service delivery and maintain knowledge on all corporate policies and procedures and clients. Own and architect policies and procedures based on the ITIL framework to ensure efficiencies of daily operations. The Service Delivery Manager will host the Change Management CAB Meetings twice a week and enforce the policies and process for IT.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a similar area of study
- 5+ years of experience and a solid foundational knowledge of technology and IT operations
- Technical experience - Typically have technical experience as well as experience managing technical teams
- Software knowledge - Familiar with technology and computer software, and extremely knowledgeable about the specific software that their company deals with
- Infrastructure development - Solid knowledge of the principles and processes of infrastructure development
- Familiarity with the Information Technology Infrastructure Library - Familiar with the processes and tasks described in the ITIL, which is a manual for IT service management
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Service Now Experience
- IT4IT Reference Architecture knowledge
- Leadership - Leadership skills to encourage teamwork and motivate employees
- Problem-solving skills - Since they often face problems in their work, solid problem-solving skills to troubleshoot effectively
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.