Account Manager Client Service - Detroit, MI (112219723)
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
Serve as the operational manager for administrative services for National Accounts customers. Service products that contribute to the continued growth, profitability and retention of business. Manage the overall delivery of benefits and services for assigned clients. Responsible for and ownership of all customer service results. Our business continues to evolve and change and in order to respond to these changes CSI will remain committed to a flexible work force allowing positions to evolve and change to respond to the needs of our business.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8am - 5pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
- Lead Account Management Team (AMT) calls and initiatives to implement and service the most efficient processes possible. Provides superior customer service to internal and external customer/partners by meeting and exceeding expectations,
- Investigate, analyze, and develop creative solutions to client-specific problems related to systems, claims, networks, providers, eligibility, ID cards, billing, banking, and portal through active cross-functional team participation,
- Coordinate all activities for timely implementation of products and services,
- Proactively monitor and manage customer accounts (which may include Rx, Medical, MHSA, Financial Accounts (HRS, HSA, etc.),
- In conjunction with the Strategic Client Executive (SCE) and the Underwriter, provide effective benefit consultation for plan revisions, and legislative changes (including Health Care Reform),
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of client communications (i.e. correspondence and fulfillment materials, ID cards, etc.),
- Ensure seamless, complete, and accurate Health Fair and Open Enrollment activity including staffing, order materials, assisting in creating customer specific presentations,
- Participate and facilitate external client meetings along with the SCE to discuss issue log, open projects and initiatives. Ensure proper documentation of discussions.
- Triage and apply critical thinking skills to troubleshoot client issues, providing timely resolution and determining root cause. Take appropriate steps to remediate and close.
- Maintain a comprehensive working knowledge of specialty company offerings and their integration with core products,
- Support Account Management Team, as appropriate,
- Meet internal metrics and client goals; measure and report on the quality of service that the business delivers to its clients. Contribute to increasing member and client NPS satisfaction scores.
- Actively maintains professional and technical knowledge by reading internal communications, attending educational workshops/training and reviewing industry related publications.
- Model UHG’s principles of integrity and compliance and adhere to our business principles.
- Recognize and instill UHG's cultural values into everyday interactions with internal partners and clients.
- Strengthen relationships with CSI team members and collaborate on special projects when they arise
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) and/or equivalent experience
- 3+years of administrative experience with extensive exposure to benefit administration
- Experience with word processing ( create, edit, save and print documents) , spreadsheet applications ( sort, filter, create spreadsheets)
- Database management experience
- Customer service experience
- Ability to travel up to 20-25% of the time
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Experience with health industry, products and services, and the managed care environment
- Knowledge of internal process and resources (claims, eligibility, accounting, contract, underwriting) preferred
- Negotiation skills
- Leadership skills
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of healthcare. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare, Optum, health care, office, phone support, customer service, billing, training class, now hiring, jobs, career hiring immediately, #RPO, #RED