Service Account Manager Associate - National Remote
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
OptumRx is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do.
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
What makes your career greater with Optum Frontier Therapies? You'll work with expert and enthusiastic peers, be part of a culture focused on both clinical outcomes and business results, and contribute to a growing team that prides itself on learning, evolving and challenging the status quo.
The Service Account Manager Associate in Optum Frontier Therapies will be on the team of an exciting new business serving patients with rare diseases, pharma manufacturers, and providers by dispensing and servicing therapies at the frontier of healthcare. As a new Optum business, we are building on our strengths but also challenging the status quo. We are creating a business that is designed to specifically serve the unique needs of rare disease patient populations and support the emerging therapies, which require enhanced services and new capabilities over traditional specialty pharmacies. Our mission, ‘supporting people with compassion while creating access to therapies at the frontier of health care,’ and vision, ‘that all people, no matter how unique, can access a better tomorrow’ are what drive and motivate us, as part of the larger UnitedHealth Group mission ‘to make the health system work better for everyone.’
The Service Account Manager Associate will be responsible for responsible for acting as the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for a portfolio of healthcare providers, customers, and patients. The role is designed to provide solutions regarding product and program-related issues. Additionally, drive patient adherence to therapies and is responsible for onboarding and welcoming the patient to Optum Frontier Therapies. The Service Account Manager Associate develops and builds on long-term effective relationships with healthcare providers, affiliated staff, and support personnel. This role educates the patient, caregivers, and all those involved in a patient’s care plan on program services and solutions. Build trust in the program and long-term relationships.
Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 08:00am – 05:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Serves as the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for patient, caregivers, pharma, and providers .
- React with a professional and empathetic demeanor when addressing physician office and patients complaints and concerns.
- Identifies the most appropriate, efficient and effective means to streamline communication for healthcare providers with multiple patients in the program.
- Thinks critically and strategically to identify and resolve roadblocks for customers in a proactive fashion.
- Ensures Service Level Agreements are met by managing workflow and taking ownership of quality customer care.
- Supports achievement of program satisfaction.
- Develops and maintains productive and effective relationships with physicians, nurses, office managers, and other applicable customers. Builds trust in and engagement with program services by proactively interacting and promptly following-up on inquiries.
- Develops and implements tailored customer support plans, focusing on customer service solutions that improve patient outcomes
- Maintains Customer Improvement focus and provides customers with unique, critical perspective on partnering with the program by laying out a vision for collaboration that positively grows relationship.
- Manages inbound and outbound e-mail, phone calls, and faxes for customer service support and follow up.
- Demonstrates an understanding of program operations process, the assigned product, and the patient journey. Understands and supports internal processing functions and personnel.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the disease state(s), competitors, and health care industry trends
- Collaborates and works closely with management, colleagues, and other departments in the organization.
- Demonstrates competency in using information technology, PCs and a variety of databases.
- Ability to comprehend and manage any problems that may arise. Using problem solving skills to produce an appropriate resolution for physician offices and patients.
- Contributes to the achievement of the goals, objectives, and outcomes of the program by demonstrating knowledge of product, disease state, and program information as it applies to the specific program.
- Completes all appropriate training including, but not limited to New Hire Orientation, In-Services, internal training, client provided training and competency assessments.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and accurate documentation of calls to and from all parties.
- Adheres to all Company policies and standard operating procedures.
- Completes special duties or projects as assigned by the Program Manager / Supervisor.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma / GED (or higher)
- 5+ years of case/account management, relationship management, customer support or professional customer service
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) OR 1+ years of experience
- Valid license, registration and/or certification, in good standing, to practice as a Pharmacy Technician as required by the Board of Pharmacy in the state employed
- Specialty Pharmacy experience
- Pharmacy Accreditation experience
- Previous work history working in a matrixed environment, call center, operations environment
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to comprehend and apply principles of basic math while analyzing data and generating reports
- Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $18.17 - $32.26. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $20.00 - $35.53. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: #RPO, #Yellow