Branch Service Manager
A Branch Service Manager's responsibility is managing the shop floor and handling minor shop administrative tasks that are the result of preventative maintenance and repairs. The branch service manager at our West Salt Lake City location oversees the maintenance supervisor and/or technicians to assure the location aligns business objectives and customers demands.
Salary: $75,000 - $85,000/annually; depending on experience
Click below to see what makes Penske great!
• Manage preventative maintenance scheduling, quality, and customer satisfaction
• Listen to and resolve customer complaints regarding services, products, or personnel
• Hire, train, and evaluate personnel
• Assure that each direct report understands the company objectives
• Confer with company officials to develop methods and procedures to increase sales, expand markets, and promote business
• Direct and supervise associates engaged in sales, inventory-taking, reconciling cash receipts, or performing specific services, such as pumping gasoline for customers
• Provide staff with assistance in performing difficult or complicated duties
• Plan and prepare work schedules, and assign associates to specific duties
• Attend company meetings to exchange product information and coordinate work activities with other departments
• Prepare sales and inventory reports for management and budget departments
• Formulate pricing policies according to profitability requirements
• Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
• At least 3 years of previous work experience in diesel shop maintenance required
• At least 1 years of supervisory experience required
• Associates Degree (business or technical) or Vo-Tech Graduate preferred
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint required
• Strong written/oral communication and people management skills required
• The associate will be required to understand and comply with specific instructions, guidelines, rules, regulations, or other information established by Penske management
• The associate must be able to perform all work adhering to DOT, OSHA, and all Penske safety and maintenance policies; including but not limited to the correct selection and use of appropriate tools, PPE, machine guarding, and established best safety practice.
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation or designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
Physical Requirements: The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, climb, bend, and sit for extended length of time throughout their scheduled working period.
• The associate is required to use their hands on a routine and daily basis to grasp, reach, touch, handle, feel, and/or otherwise operate required tools or controls.
• The associate must be able to work safely at heights using applicable ladders and elevated working platforms.
• The associate must be able to safely work in all weather conditions.
• Given the frequent movement of large trucks through the workplace, the associate must be able to see and hear in order to safely navigate the work environment.
• The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Category: Vehicle Maintenance Management/Supervisors
Job Family: Operations
Address: 2211 S 2000 West
Primary Location: US-UT-West Valley City
Employer: Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P.
Req ID: 2325253