Service Delivery Manager-Transport Services ( R-00047188 )
Leidos currently has an opening on the Next Generation Enterprise Network Re-Compete (NGEN-R) Contract for a Service Delivery Manager-Transport Services
This is an exciting opportunity to use your technical leadership and management skills to successfully execute the mission of the Navy’s largest IT services program. Under the NGEN-R Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) Contract, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, network engineering, service desk, and data transport.
Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
This position requires someone with extensive Operations/Engineering Leadership experience, preferably someone with a previous Network/Transport technical background, and working knowledge of a large DOD Enterprise Network Environment.
Manage a large virtual technical team, interact directly with and manage the Customer relationship.
- What You'll Get to Do (Job duties)
- Report to the Director, Network Operations.
- Developing Monthly Status Review and Program Management Report inputs and other relevant reporting taskers
- Performs Contract transition tasks, some requiring travel, during contract startup and transition. (Additional travel may be required during Contract Transition period.)
- Focus on managing and supervising a virtual Tier III Ops-Engineering Team, Regional Leads,
- Providing oversight of Functional Leads and Engineering Staff for BAN/LAN/WLAN, WAN, COMSEC, Cross Domain Systems, Piers Connectivity, and Community of Interest (COI) areas
- Managing the Transport organization and administratively manage 6-8 direct-report employees
- Working with the NOC Manager to coordinate day-to-day Tier III escalations
- Directing network design/engineering and integration, test and evaluation activities
- Directing Network Engineering activities with expert-level knowledge, precision, and skill, but listens attentively to the team, values opinions and considers other perspectives.
- Managing cost, schedule and performance of Transport Services
- Collaborates directly with the Chief Engineer and Chief Architect to define and continuously improve:
- NMCI configuration standard baselines and versioning
- Automation and best practice/technical insertion opportunities
- Development of SOPs/TTPs
- Identification and coordination of activities to:
- Perform network analyses to identify and correct deficiencies; improving End-User experience.
- Test upgrades, patches, feature enhancements and changes for technical assurance prior to deployment and execution.
- Participate in or direct Service Management Integration Activities (SIAs)
- Work directly with the NOC Operations Manager and NOC Lead for Tier III Operations Support activities, such as Service Response and Restoral; provides leadership to Service Restoration Teams (SRTs).
- Coordinates network upgrades and maintenance activities with the NMCI Operations Manager, NOC Lead, Release Management team and other key stakeholders.
- Directs and supports network design reviews focused on network and cybersecurity requirements/security controls.
- Participates in or delegates Problem Management activities to conduct root cause analysis and make recommendations on corrective actions.
- In collaboration with Operations leadership, reviews Government Directed Actions (GDAs) for possible impact to network performance and provides necessary recommendations.
- You'll Bring These Qualifications (Requirements)
- BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience
- Prior leadership responsibilities in large-matrixed organizations
- DOD Secret Security Clearance w/ability to upgrade to and maintain a TS Security Clearance
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experienced and adept at developing and maintaining technical documents, analyses, and reports
- Experienced with preparing and presenting briefings to senior customer management, customer stakeholders, and company management
- Working knowledge of the ITIL framework and best practices
- Working knowledge of defense-in-depth principles, network/HW/SW security architecture, network topology, IT device integrity, and common security elements
- Minimum IAT II Certification: IAT II qualified in accordance with DoD 8570.1 m, i.e. CompTIA Security+ CE, Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Security
- •Ability to travel 25% including some OCONUS travel.
- These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in IT Management, Engineering, or related field
- Management experience in a NET/SEC DevOps environment
- 15+ years of extensive Ops/Eng Management experience within DoD network communications customer facing environment
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- ITIL certification/training preferably including Service Strategy and Service Design (ITIL v4 Preferred)
- Agile certifications or operational experience in an Agile environment