Customer Strategy- Senior Manager Pricing & Profitability (19160)
- Engagement Management: Lead engagement planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage strategy engagements; define deliverable structure and content
- Oversee detailed, transaction-level quantitative analytics
- Oversee the development of pricing strategies, focusing on concepts such as Economic Value Estimates (EVE), valued-based pricing, granular customer segmentation, in-depth competitive analysis, etc.
- Perform qualitative customer interviews to assess the client's value proposition
- Lead client engagements that identify, design and implement advanced pricing / technology and creative business solutions for large companies
- Oversee project management status and progress, prepare and present weekly steering reports, assess risks, manage delays and escalate issues to steering committees
- Client Management: Manage day to day interactions and relationships with executive clients and sponsors. Support clients in making strategic decisions and implementing changes in areas within pricing, finance, commercial excellence, and analytics
- Business Development: Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process.
- Practice Development & Eminence: Develop practical solutions and methodologies; develop "thought-ware" and "point-of-view" documents; participate in public speaking events; get published in pricing-related and industry periodicals
- People Development: Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities
Customer Strategy & Applied Design
Our Customer Strategy & Applied Design team focuses on helping clients discover, design, and prototype customer growth strategies and innovation portfolios to create and drive change in a digital world. We bring knowledge and offerings to uncover the behaviors, motivations and preferences of our clients' customers and develop new experiences for them. Our team of professionals has deep capabilities in strategy, customer experience, digital strategy and innovation.
We deliver set of customer focused work:
- Customer Strategy | Help clients build capabilities to better understand customer value drivers and make choices about the markets and segments they serve through digital, social, and mobile channels; optimize pricing decisions and shape the most strategic issues on the CMO agenda
- Customer Experience | Help clients improve the quality, nature and power of interactions between the customer and the organization across the lifecycle of sales, marketing and service at each and every touch point.
- Applied Innovation | Help clients rapidly design, prototype and launch new businesses and experiences, translating insights on human behavior from design-led methods into offerings and technologies that delight customers and drive growth
- Digital Strategy | Help clients understand, envision and articulate "digital" as a business strategy aligned with their CEO's agenda - and then craft a plan to embed everything they do with the latest technology solutions and business models to compete in the marketplace for customers and talent
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university
- 10+ years' experience in a consulting setting with demonstrable depth of knowledge
in 1-2 industries
- 5+ years' experience with core pricing concepts such as value-based pricing, customer segmentation, customer profitability analysis, etc.
- Consistent career progression with increasing levels of responsibility
- Competent in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Willingness and ability to travel 50% (while 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
- Must live within commuting distance to one of Deloitte's consulting offices
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Advanced degree in business
- Demonstrated command of complex analytical topics, including the management and understanding of granular data sets
- Experience leading or managing teams and change initiatives (especially in a project management role)
- Experience with budgetary responsibilities related to projects or resource
- Experience leading programs with technology / pricing technology components
- Sector knowledge in Consumer Products, Retail, Industrial Products, Automotive, Media and Technology