Data Science Manager - Customer Strategy (19156)
- Ability to understand business goals and translate them into Machine Learning use cases and model design
- Understanding and applying clustering/sampling techniques to design
- Having and growing an understanding of the multi-channel marketing optimization problem space
- Performing exploratory data analysis to understand relationships, opportunities to influence outcomes and how to attribute cross channel outcomes
- Being able to quickly iterate over common feature transformation and model types in order to find the best predictive models
- Being able to interpret the models that are being generated
- Developing proofs of concept to verify your ideas
- Closing the loop to make sure that the proposed solution is performing as it should and is correctly understood by clients
- Working closely with clients throughout
You'll join a team of passionate, talented data scientists who collaborate to design, build and maintain cutting-edge models that arm our clients with the ability to spot customer value and act upon it. If you're intellectually curious, hardworking and solution-oriented, you'll fit right into our fast-paced, collaborative environment. In addition to working with our data science team, you'll also work closely with our data engineering team to develop top-of-the-line data pipelines.
Because this is a senior role, we are looking for candidates that can carry out research in an autonomous fashion, and who can interact closely with clients with varying levels of machine learning experience.
Customer Strategy & Applied Design
Deloitte's Customer Strategy and Applied Design practice serves as the strategy and experience arm of our Customer and Marketing portfolio of offerings.
Spanning the domains of customer experience, marketing strategy, commercial transformation and innovation/design, our team brings the insight and industry perspective to shape client agendas in the face of disruption. Our team is a diverse array of business strategists, operations experts, designers and technologists passionate about partnering with clients to create customer-centered experiences and solutions in the market.
- Experience leading teams of 5-10 people in the creation of data science solutions.
- Prior experience working with large quantitative and qualitative datasets both hands on and managing teams doing the work.
- Ability to guide teams on appropriate methodology and approach for data science solutions to business problems.
- Ability to derive methods for reporting on analytic results that control for outside factors
- Experience proposing analytic solutions to both technical and non-technical audience in response to RFPs
- Prior hands on experience working in R or Python.
- Knowledge of statistical methodologies including multivariate regression, Bayesian statistics, categorization methods, time series, survival analysis
- Strong storytelling skills with experience presenting to large technical and non-technical audiences all the way to the C-Suite emphasizing translating data science outcomes into business implications.
- Ability to travel up to 50% (While up to 50% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- MS in Statistics, Analytics, Operations Research, Social Sciences, or Data Science
- 8+ years' experience with a combination of hands on work and management experience