Customer Insights Manager ( 567206-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Customer Insights Manager will uncover and create actionable insights to drive our strategies, business decisions, and overall competitive advantage. The work you do will inspire us to bring the best solutions to both the business and consumer market - because of our enhanced understanding of their needs. You’ll design studies, gather primary and secondary research, manage our vendor partners, and ensure that we get the best market insights to drive our decision making. By helping us understand and anticipate customer needs, you’ll be shaping what’s next for us.
- Partnering with leaders to understand key business issues.
- Designing and shaping research designs to yield actionable insights including: Quantitative Research, Concept Testing, Conjoint, Max Diff, Choice Models, Segmentation, Tracking, Forecasting, Advanced Analytics.
- Managing research agency partners and research projects from scoping to delivery.
- Synthesizing information from various sources into meaningful insights.
- Presenting actionable recommendations to leaders and influencing decisions across cross-functional teams.
What we’re looking for...
Digging into lots of data fascinates you and you know its real value is in the insights it provides. You have a consulting approach to really understand research needs and design the right research solution. People trust and value your opinion. You’re able to translate data into narratives, and tailor your presentation and recommendations to the audience function and level to meet their needs. But you’re not just about the numbers - you have a business mindset that makes your recommendations sound and practical.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Consumer or B2B market research experience.
- Experience with Quantitative Research, Concept Testing, Conjoint,MaxDiff, Choice Models, Segmentation, Tracking, Forecasting, Advanced Analytics, etc.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- An advanced degree in Market Research, Social Sciences (eg. Psychology, Sociology, etc.) or Business (eg. economics, MBA, etc.) or a certification in Market Research (UGA, etc.).
- Experience at or working alongside a market research agency or related vendor.
- Designed small and large scale research projects involving primary and secondary data collection. Ideally, consumer and business research.
- Analyzed data from multiple sources, and provided insights and recommendations tailored to different functions and levels.
- Managed agency vendor relationships including scoping, budgeting, quality and timeliness.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.