Manager, Service Management Platforms (2109309)
Manager, Service Management Platforms - ( 2109309 )
We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment, powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
Reporting directly to the Director of Service Management Office, the Manager of Service Management Platforms will be responsible for leading the delivery of capabilities on the ServiceNow platform, which underpins Pearson’s global software delivery processes, as well as the enterprise business processes that support HR, IT, Security Office, Finance, Legal, Facilities etc. They will be the platform owner.
They will be equally people‐focused as well as technology-focused. They will oversee the development, support, and architecture of the platform. Stakeholder Management is a key element in this role: working with product owners and other stakeholders across the platform (ITSM, HR, etc.) to build relationships and establish the ServiceNow product roadmap, delivering increasing capabilities and value, aligned with stakeholder needs.
The platform manager will be a seasoned agile leader, owning the agile process driving efficiency and efficacy of the development process and pressing for faster delivery through the adoption of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery methods. They will lead the globally dispersed team of ServiceNow professionals including developers, administrators, and scrum master.
The platform manager will drive process development and maturation and expand the reach of their processes across Pearson.
They will be the primary point of contact for the relationship with ServiceNow and other partners.
Skills and Responsibilities:
The ServiceNow Platform Manager will:
- Own Pearson’s ServiceNow strategy and roadmap.
- Drive the delivery of the platform roadmap through internal development teams and/or third-party vendors.
- Ensure the efficient and effective operation of the platform including the integrations with other systems.
- Have intimate knowledge of agile development methods as they apply to the Now Platform and a proven track record of optimizing agile processes.
- Manage all stakeholder relationships, and be at ease communicating with senior stakeholders (VPs and above) across the organization.
- Have proven experience with all IT Service Management disciplines (Incident, Change, Problem, Knowledge, Configuration, Asset etc.) and how the Now platform’s capabilities can be applied to drive efficient support of Pearson’s customers and users.
- Be familiar with IT Operations concepts such as systems and network monitoring, alerting, and event management, and Site Reliability Engineering.
- Be well-versed in CMDB, Discovery, and how to structure Pearson for success.
- Have experience in maintaining strong relationships with vendors including ServiceNow and their service partners.
- Be experienced in writing and reviewing SOWs with partners to ensure mutually successful outcomes.
- Evangelize the Now platform within Pearson, driving broader capabilities and adoption.
- Manage the department and ServiceNow budget.
- Create, manage, and maintain departmental policies, processes and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience
- 12 years or more of professional work experience.
- 5 years experience in designing and implementing solutions on the ServiceNow platform.
- 5 years experience in business analysis, requirements gathering and solution design abilities
- 5 years experience with ITSM/ITIL processes. ITIL foundation minimum, advanced certifications preferred (V3 and/or V4)
- Experience leading Scrum teams and driving agile transformation
- Knowledge of SDLC processes and supporting tools (e.g. Jira, ServiceNow, PagerDuty, ESB, ADO, et al)
- Lead a globally dispersed team of ServiceNow professionals, including coaching, mentoring and managing expectations and performance.
- Professional certification in industry-standard IT Service Management frameworks, such as ITIL
- Experience working as a ServiceNow platform owner.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Previous success working in a dynamic environment with the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent understanding of process management, improvement practices, change management process, operation services.
Primary Location : US-NC-Durham
Other Locations : GB-GB-London
Work Locations :
US-NC-Durham-5425 Page Churchill5425 Page Road
Job : Technology
Organization : Technology & Operations
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Manager
Shift : Day Job
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Posting : Jun 28, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2109309