Customer Program Manager - Strategic Initiatives ( 569718-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Customer Program Manager serves as a knowledgeable architect committed to creating and executing advisory-like programs that meet the goals of both customers and Verizon hosts to ultimately solicit feedback on our primary solution roadmaps, giving our customers a voice in our direction. You must understand the needs of Verizon Business Group C level contacts, and how our solutions can help our base mutually generate revenue, improve efficiencies, and enable opportunity while providing a forum for bidirectional conversation. You will bring all stakeholder teams across the business who represent our technology strategy; understand evolving trends; and confidently articulate the Verizon value proposition and appropriate delivery models in this intimate executive setting. As the Program Manager, you will work with Verizon Executives, Sales Teams, Product Marketing, Marketing Communication, Vertical Marketing, Briefing and Innovation Center team, Partners as well as Customers.
- Work with Sales, Product, Communications and Marketing Teams to create strategy and execution plans for Customer Programs and events by customer role, industry or region.
- Partner with product and marketing to understand the strategies, feedback objectives, and C Level in order to develop strategic customer facing briefing content.
- Consult with Sales to target strategic customers for attendance.
- Maintain expertise in Verizon products, services and technology to ensure the proper strategy for programs.
- Develop and foster relationships cross-organizationally including product, marketing, sales and communication organizations and executive management to identify customer needs and business evaluation trends.
- Provide reporting program wide including customer feedback, pre event and post event survey and attendee details.
- Enable closed-loop communication back to sales and key stakeholders to drive improved product offerings and long term strategic development with customers using this content to drive and develop our strategic solutions and roadmaps.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Three or more years of experience with event planning and execution.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Master’s degree.
- Experience in the technology field.
- Knowledge of technology evolution trends and ability to articulate technology strategy.
- Presentation and writing skills with the ability to articulate program strategy, technology and product positioning to both business and technical users at all levels of the business.
- Knowledge of business needs and how technology delivers business results.
- Strong knowledge of Verizon Business Group solutions and competitive landscape.
- Knowledge of sales and the sales process.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong editorial skills.
- Detailed knowledge of G-Suite, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and excel programs, Adobe and online web sharing tools.
- Knowledge of content management tools Insite, SFDC & VES.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.