Workforce Manager (101113)
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to 15 million people in 46 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help make sure we keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for American Water to evaluate decisions about new regulations, reintegration, and safe operating practices, all employees are required to report their vaccination status.Primary Role
Directs day-to-day workforce operation of the Customer Service Center. Manages workforce scheduling team and real time operations which facilitate the maximization of resources to achieve customer satisfaction, workforce productivity, business KPIs, schedule adherence and economic goals. Analyze complex data, formulate solutions and drive change to help the overall goal of the organization. Implement new initiatives, manage utilization trends and propose operational improvements to deliver on all KPIs. The ideal candidate can be located out of any of our AW footprint locations.Key Accountabilities
- Oversees daily activities of employees in the Workforce Management department.
- Interface with Customer Service Center management to ensure smooth coordination of scheduling and maximization of schedule adherence.
- Interface with Technology manager to ensure optimal support for the Customer Service Center operations.
- Provides input to the development of CSC KPIs, ensures delivery against the Customer Service Center KPIs.
- Identifies Customer Service Center needs and provides direction of real time staffing increases or decreases.
- Enacts contingency plans as needed; escalates and directs activates during system problems, disasters, etc.; identifies potential problems, troubleshoots and escalates issues to the local and network management and participates in post-examination analysis of problems providing input for future process improvements
- Demonstrated customer service experience including managing both exempt and non-exempt level employees.
- Demonstrated leadership and team- building ability.
- Experience in coaching and performance improvement.
- Thorough understanding of Customer Service.
- Workforce management software, IVR and telephone technology.
- Knowledge in process and continuous improvement methodologies including reporting metrics.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and / or experience.
- 10 years of demonstrated Customer Service Center / customer service management exempt / non-exempt levels, with both direct and indirect supervision of employees.
- Demonstrated leadership and team-building ability.
- Demonstrated Workforce Planning & Metrics Experience
- As required up to 20%.
- Certified Workforce Planning Professional (CWPP) designation a plus.
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.