Manager Customer Insights ( 588673-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As a Manager of Customer Insights you will be passionate about and responsible for understanding and measuring how people perceive and interact with Verizon products, services and the broader ecosystem. You will be responsible for co-creating innovative, best-in-class digital experiences. Your mission is to empower everyone at Verizon to make data-driven, human-centered decisions impacting our customer with the digital ecosystem. In doing so you will be responsible for building a deep understanding of our users’ needs, goals, and workflow turning qualitative and quantitative research into insights and artifacts that will shape the future of our products.
- Working closely with collaborative, cross-functional teams to identify research questions.
- Mining data and insights from customer, market, and technological business intelligence.
- Leading synthesis of quantitative and qualitative findings to deliver insights, stories, and artifacts such as empathy maps, personas, and journey maps.
- Synthesizing information, signals, and data to produce actionable insights and opportunities across the full range of Verizon businesses.
- Directly influencing product strategy and design by communicating clearly and in a compelling way.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant experience with insights projects where your results and advocacy drove innovation and improved metrics within technology or related fields/experience.
- Four or more years of relevant experience with qualitative/quantitative research supporting product innovation or development such as user, enterprise, design research, digital focus, or related fields/experience.
Even better if you have:
- Experience running various types of workshops including design thinking, etc.
- Experience in the sourcing of Voice of Customer data from multiple sources (i.e Medallia, Chat, Glassbox, Abode) and distilling information into actionable strategic insights.
- Knowledge to query and process voice of the customer data, cluster by theme, and identify new key themes using Clarabridge (text mining application).
- Experience with storytelling and presentation skills to all levels of an organization using decks.
- Focuses on outlier and summary reporting across all channels to multiple management and solution teams supporting complaint deep dive analysis to drive root cause resolution.
- Experience with designing and developing business intelligence dashboards using Tableau
- Verbal and written communication style distilling complex multi-method research reports into understandable, compelling, and actionable insights and narratives.
- Experience in a wide range of qualitative, quantitative, and UX research methods, experimental design, and/or market research techniques.
- Strong portfolio showing ways you have consistently and creatively up-leveled insights impact in organizations by bringing a deeper understanding of customer needs to help solve ambiguous and/or complex business challenges and product objectives.
- Demonstrated competency with descriptive statistics, behavioral data analysis, and quantitative analysis methods.
- Demonstrated success using research and insights developed as a stimulus to facilitate ideation and distill those outputs into themes and value prop ideas for further development and validation.
- Clear, demonstrable experience as a product researcher, experience strategist, service designer, or similar role with a proven record of seeing products from concept to delivery.
- Proven ability to manage deadlines and multiple/simultaneous, highly complex, cross-functional projects/initiatives.
- Extensive experience working in an onshore/offshore matrixed organization.
- Experience with Google G-Suite.
- Experience working in JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience working in an agile / scrum development environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.