Service Center Supervisor - Metairie and Slidell, LA (106733249)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this function includes the management of the clinic operations along with managing the clinical staff in those clinics. Also to include initial triage of members, administrative intake of members or managing the admission/discharge information post-notification, working with hospitals and the clinical team. Includes managing incoming calls, managing requests for services from providers/members, providing information on available network services and transferring members as appropriate to clinical staff. Also manages the referrals process, processes incoming and outgoing referrals, and prior authorizations.
- Monitors schedules to ensure that nurse practitioner schedule capacity is fully utilized. This includes pulling appointments forward, and opening additional appointment slots on the nurse practitioner schedule when warranted to insure visit goals are met
- Run a report for assigned nurse practitioner schedules both field and service center of previously canceled, rescheduled, and no showed members (time frame pending / Sup input)
- Keeps open lines of communication with providers and management of staff assignment change. When medical assistant is out, either planned, or unplanned, nurse practitioner and operational manager is notified of replacement coverage/plan
- Supervise and motivate a work team while maintaining high standards
- Respond to provider inquiries that have been received by the escalation and case resolution department
- Research and verify information provided on authorization documents
- Process and document DME / referral requests
- Maintains monthly metrics and performs monthly audits for Medical Assistants
The big challenge is motivating people and leading by example with a positive attitude that's professional, courteous and cheerful.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 5+ years of customer service experience
- Leadership experience (e.g., Review work of others, serve as an expert in their field, serve as a mentor and leader, lead functional or segment teams or projects, Motivate and inspire team members)
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree
- Clinical licensure
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Clinic management/operations experience
- Call center experience
- Experience supervising remote employees
- Experience supervising clinical staff
- Prior Authorization experience
- Previous experience working in a Managed Care organization
- Managed care experience in a care coordination role
- Medicare knowledge or experience
- Intermediate level of proficiency with PowerPoint
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.