Call Center Representative (AARP) - San Juan, PR
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
If putting a smile on someone’s face puts one on yours, you belong on our team. Here at Optum Puerto Rico Operations, we’ve brought together teams of incredibly compassionate and absolutely positive people to help serve our members or providers when they reach out to us with questions. Your helpful personality combined with our support, training and development will ensure your success. This is no small opportunity. This is a chance to leverage your compassion for others and build a rewarding career.
- Provide phone support to address the needs of members or providers, taking care to thoroughly understand the type of assistance required
- Ask appropriate questions and listen actively to identify specific questions or issues while documenting required information in computer systems
- Research complex issues across multiple databases and work with support resources to resolve member or provider issues and/or partner with others to resolve escalated issues
- May assist customers in navigating UnitedHealth Group websites while encouraging and reassuring them to become self-sufficient in using our tools
- May contact care providers (doctor’s offices) on behalf of the customer to assist with appointment scheduling or connections with internal specialists for assistance when needed
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. It requires fluency in computer navigation and toggling while you confidently and compassionately engage in dialogue with the caller. Be assured that our training will provide you with knowledge of the various products, plans and levels of benefits available to members and you’ll soon find yourself creating positive experiences and earning the gratitude of callers on an hourly basis.
***ENGLISH PROFICIENCY ASSESSMENT WILL BE REQUIRED AFTER APPLICATION***
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School diploma or GED
- 1+ years of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems OR 1+ years of experience in an office setting environment using the telephone and computer as the primary instruments to perform job duties
- Proven intermediate Windows PC navigation proficiency or higher and ability to navigate in multiple systems
- Available to work (40 hours/week) Monday- Friday. Flexible to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (8:00am to 11:00pm) (Need to be available for a rotating schedule on Saturdays)
- Bilingual Spanish/English proficiency
- Health care experience
- Telemarketing/sales experience
- Data entry experience
- Proven knowledge of medical or health insurance terminology
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.