Property Claim Examiner (Service Center) (338357)
Description – Currently have an open Property Claim Examiner position – Can be located in Chesapeake, VA / O’Fallon, MO / Phoenix, AZ
- Analyze first reports and promptly contact insured/claimants.
- Effectively evaluate contract language and identify coverage issues.
- Promptly and appropriately develop the file to provide accurate and timely investigation and loss analysis.
- Maintain an active file diary to move file toward resolution.
- Establish accurate and timely reserves.
- Recognize and pursue recovery.
- Adhere to all statutory and regulatory fair claims practices.
- Recognize and identify potential fraudulent claims.
- Effectively manage the use, work product and expenses of outside vendors.
- Effectively evaluate claim facts and negotiate claim settlements.
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serve as a technical resource to lesser experienced Adjusters on the team.
- Successfully contribute to the development and delivery of the team’s goals, objectives and results.
- Supports workload surges and/or Catastrophe Operations as needed to include working overtime during designated CATs.