Field Based Billing Service Specialist - Denver, CO (106239145)
Healthcare isn’t just changing. It’s growing more complex every day. ICD - 10 Coding replaces ICD - 9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to adapt, and we are vital part of their evolution. And that’s what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
Who are we? Optum360. We’re a dynamic new partnership formed by Dignity Health and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we’ll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you’re looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
As a Field Based Billing Service Specialist, this position will be based in the Kansas, Northern Arkansas and Southern Missouri area and be responsible for representing Optum360/Quest Diagnostics to our clients in a professional manner. This role will streamline, improve and enhance the billing experience for physicians, office staff and patients through education while reducing revenue loss, denials and bad debt for Optum360 and Quest.
The Field Based Billing Service Specialist will be required to work in the field (outside an office) at least 50% of the time in and around the Missouri, Kansas, Iowa area, visiting clients in a day with one day per week for office work. Some overnight travel may be required.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday to Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends. Our office is located at Colorado.
- Improve billing data quality through the education and account management of customers, with efforts and emphasis to reduce missing information, bad debt, non-supported diagnosis/non-covered test write-offs, and third party denials.
- Conduct Client visits. Account visits will be prioritized based on evaluation of trends that show education needs in:
- Medicare Limited Coverage Policy/ABN
- Medicaid requirements/policies
- Regional specific third party requirements/policies
- Ordering provider registration (PECOS)
- Missing demographic/insurance information for ordering physician and patient
- Support Commercial Sales team with client training and education as required for large new customers and/or new billing initiatives.
- Act as liaison for customer billing problems as necessary and communicate those to the appropriate person or department for resolution.
- Drive improvement to defined goals.
- Document all significant client interaction in CRM application (Salesforce.com).
- Other duties as assigned including special projects, etc.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 3+ years of experience with healthcare medical billing/claims
- Experience working with Microsoft Word (create and edit documents)
- Experience working with Microsoft Outlook (manage email and calendar)
- Experience working with Microsoft PowerPoint (create and edit slides)
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel (create and edit spreadsheets)
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time to client sites
- Internet connectivity available for work use
- Must reside in Colorado or surrounding states Wyoming, or Utah
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Associates Degree (or higher)
- 3+ years of experience with face to face customer relationship management
- Experience working with data (pulling and analyzing information to understand root cause/trends/opportunities)
- Knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid coverage policies
- Strong Written/Verbal Communication skills
- Strong organization/time management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop and sustain good customer relationships
- Experience working independently and as part of a team
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with Optum360. At Optum360, we're on the forefront of health care innovation. With health care costs and compliance pressures increasing every day, our employees are committed to making the financial side more efficient, transferable and sustainable for everyone. We're part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of companies, making us part of a global effort to improve lives through better health care. In other words, it's a great time to be part of the Optum360 team. Take a closer look now and discover why a career here could be the start to doing your life's best work.SM
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $53,300 - $95,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: claims, data entery, coding, medical coding, customer service, UnitedHealth Group, Optum, OptumRx, call center, UnitedHealthcare, health care, healthcare, office, phone support, training class, advocate, hiring immediately, #RPO