Maintenance Service Specialist U405 (99827)
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Camden, NJ, the company employs over 6,800 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 15 million people in 46 states. To learn more about American Water and additional career opportunities, visit www.amwater.com.
Maintains and ensures the reliable operation of the treatment facility.Key Accountabilities
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the duties neccesary to maintain and ensure reliable operation of water and/or wastewater treatment facilities
- Performs maintenance tasks of a high technical nature including large pumps, chemical feed systems, and controls.
- Performs a high level of electrical, mechanical, and production facilities work including, but not limited to, pumps, motors, valves, chemical feed equipment, and other control equipment.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by management.
- High knowledge level of electrical, mechanical, and production facilities operations.
- 0-2 years of experience in the water industry.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
Illinois Water Operator Class C license required after 2 years in position; and Class A license required after 4 years in position. Class C drivers license and D.O.T medical card required within 30 days of being awarded position.Other
- Emergencies and extenuating circumstances may required a temporary change from the normal work schedule.
- Normal hours of work will be 10:00pm to 6:30am Monday thru Friday (note: this schedule will start work at 10:00pm on Sunday nights. Also Note: emergencies and extenuating circumstances may require temporary schedule changes)
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.