Service Desk Specialist ( R-00040131 )
In this role, you will support the IBD-SS program at a site in Kuwait. This position entails data management, and user administration in a web-based database for supply chain and maintenance management of military equipment with analysis and reporting on data elements. This position requires interaction with military and Government customers, field service representatives, manufacturers, engineers and warehousemen. This position will include a heavy emphasis on establishing and updating configurations within the COLTS database. Applicant must have a thorough understanding of configurations, end-item/sub-component relationships, indenture levels, and the COLTS configuration tool. Work schedule will be a minimum of 48 hours but no more than 54 hours per week.
- Provides first contact and incident resolution to customers with hardware, software, and application problems. Includes both customer telephone support as well as electronically submitted requests
- Performing remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Determining the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
- Training other staff members on troubleshooting and diagnosing problems
- Writing, editing, and revising training manuals for new and updated software and hardware
- Providing technical assistance for questions and problems
- Resolving problems with networks and other computer systems
- Diagnosing system errors and other issues
- Following up with customers to ensure full resolution of issues
- Provides polite and friendly customer service
- Attempts to resolve as many incidents during the first contact, or at Tier I. Efficiently escalates incidents to higher Tier II or Tier III when required
- Documents incident status and solutions in incident database tools.
- Possesses current working knowledge of computers, printers, laptops, and common windows applications
- Works through various types Tier II issues with telephone assist
- Provides answers to Frequently Asked Questions or solutions to common problems as part of a customer self-help capability
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in computer troubleshooting and support
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications
- CM – COLTS Database SME
- Must be high level COLTS user very experienced in all aspects of the database to include configuration and property management, maintenance work orders, shipments, requisitions, RMA module, and how they all relate to system configurations.
- Highly proficient and knowledgeable in assembly configuration and hierarchy.
- Familiar with COLTS structure manager tools to support Configuration Management requirements
- Knowledge and experienced in reading engineering drawings as they relate to researching part numbers and part number changes to facilitate COLTS database updates/changes, and documents.
- Experience with COLTS MWO processes and utilization throughout program fleet.
- Experience teaching/training COLTS highly desirable.
- Ability to work across departmental boundaries, and interact with Sr program leadership.
- Experience in performing property inventories and/or property audits utilizing COLTS database tools.
- Knowledge of D-FAR, DPAS, Logistics and Warehouse Operations, Government Property Management, Working with CONUS/OCONUS teams all highly desirable.
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Previous working knowledge as a Technician for BETSS-C, HMDS, FMV, IBD-K, FP-Suite, JDOC, RDISS and ECP systems
- Perform STIGs & IAVA implementation for system devices, perform imaging of systems, CERP replacement, etc.
- Interact with customers on a daily basis to provide guidance on procedures concerning account requests, e-mail, home directories, file access/storage, and other local procedures as required to ensure mission success.
- Perform Level I/II Active Directory functions such as unlocking accounts, creating and issuing accounts, etc.
- BA/BS with 5+ years of experience. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of the degree. (12 total years of applicable experience in lieu of a degree.)
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Computing Environment (CE) Certification as determined by the Program Manager is required prior to support on contract
- Required Baseline/Security Environment Certification: CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
Ability to attain and maintain a US Secret security clearanceExternal Referral Bonus:EligiblePotential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:SecretTravel:Yes, 25% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:24/7 12 Hour Shift PatternRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Systems AdministrationPay Range: