Field Service Support Specialist ( R-00053708 )
The Defense Group of Leidos has an exciting opportunity for a Field Service Specialist to support efforts for the OCONUS Enterprise Network (ONE-Net) portion of the Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) contract located in Manama, Bahrain.
SMIT is the largest IT services program for the Navy; inclusive of cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport.
Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
Field Services Support consist of on-site touch labor to support moves, adds, changes, or correct customer and/or system problems and requests.
FSS is the primary function of the LNSC organization and supports all touch labor functions in support of network operations.
Field Service Support Specialist will conduct infrastructure repairs, including directing remote activities to maintain operational effectiveness for services.
- Provide root cause analysis documentation in accordance with Government procedures.
- Document daily shift activities in appropriate reporting and ticketing tools and ensure proper pass down of any outstanding issues.
- Provide continuous support on duty or on-call to respond to Government trouble tickets.
- Provide technical support to the LNSC director with documentation of new customer requirements for the local change review process
- Perform on-site maintenance, installations/ de-installations, or relocations of workstation equipment and software
- Configure workstations for proper user access to systems
- Provide transport of unclassified or classified HW to and from remote customer locations
- Provide remote operations and maintenance support for current and future remote locations
- Deploy and support ONE-Net classified and unclassified data seats, and associated network equipment
- Adhere to ONE-Net Change Management and Escalation Processes and Procedures
- Assist with One-Net migrations, system refresh, deployments
- Develop or modify site administration documentation
- US Citizenship and a DoD Secret Clearance
- High School Diploma / GED
- 4 years of previous experience in the Information Technology field
- Compliant with DoD 8570 IAT Level II (Security+, CCNA Security, etc.)
- Possess at least one OS certification (MTA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, etc.)
- Top Secret Clearance
- ITIL Foundation v3 or v4
- Demonstrated hands-on expertise networking technologies and data centers
- Ability to manage globally distributed 24x7 operations to include short-notice travel in response to emerging operational issues
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings