Field Service Support Specialist, Senior ( R-00053710 )
The Defense Group of Leidos has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Field Service Specialist to support efforts for the OCONUS Enterprise Network (ONE-Net) portion of the Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) contract located in Manama, Bahrain.
SMIT is the largest IT services program for the Navy; inclusive of cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport.
Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
The Senior Field Service Support Specialist will lead Tier II/III duties at Isa Air Base, Bahrain.
- Perform system and database administration to ensure optimal network performance, maintain the network security posture, and minimize customer service interruptions
- Provide continuous support on duty or on-call to respond to Government trouble tickets.
- Perform on-site maintenance, installations/ de-installations, or relocations of workstation equipment and software
- Configure workstations for proper user access to systems
- Provide transport of unclassified or classified HW to and from remote customer locations
- Provide remote operations and maintenance support for current and future remote locations
- Deploy and support ONE-Net classified and unclassified data seats, and associated network equipment
- Adhere to ONE-Net Change Management and Escalation Processes and Procedures
- Assist with One-Net migrations, system refresh, deployments
- Develop or modify site administration documentation
- Train and lead junior staff at location
- US Citizenship and a DoD Secret Clearance
- B.S. in IT related field and 4 to 8 years of relevant experience. Four additional years of experience may be substituted for degree with High School/ GED.
- Compliant with DoD 8570 IAT Level II (Security+, CCNA Security, etc.)
- Possess at least one OS certification (MTA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, etc.)
- Top Secret Clearance
- ITIL Foundation v3 or v4
- Demonstrated hands-on expertise networking technologies and data centers
- Ability to manage globally distributed 24x7 operations to include short-notice travel in response to emerging operational issues
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings