Maint Service Specialist (100183)
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to 15 million people in 46 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help make sure we keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Responsible for various activities within Network Operations and/or Maintenance departments.
- This may include acting in lead capacity for treatment facilities, ensuring that operating equipment is maintained in accordance with Company policies and procedures and all applicable governmental laws and regulations.
- May include specialized maintenance work on operating equipment and/or ongoing leak detection and/or valve and hydrant inspection program.
- Provide input for preparing and controlling local maintenance and preventive maintenance within established budget limitations.
- Ensure local water and/or wastewater operations meet the required maintenance standards and preventive maintenance standards on mechanical equipment, electrical equipment, instrumentation, and computer equipment.
- Advise and/instruct company personnel on proper operation and maintenance procedures for equipment and systems.
- Assist with implementation of standards, targets, policies, and plans to ensure the continuing and increasing operational efficiency, effectiveness, and profitability.
- Ensure that operational integrity (quality, environment, reliability, health, safety, security,etc.) is maintained.
- Implement effective reporting processes. Provide analysis and support to Production and/or Network Manager with information required for various reports, budgets, and business plans.
- Implement and foster the coaching and development of employees, including idea generation, within respective functional areas. Contribute to effective communication by listening and providing constructive feedback; support
- Perform sounding and locate work to identify and correct leaks to reduce non-revenue water
- Knowledge of the regulated water/wastewater business within the region and the regulations impacting the business as well as applicable regulations, requirements, and trends within water/wastewater business.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures and knowledge of process and operational areas.
- At least 2 years experience in operations, maintenance operations, performing hands-on specialized maintenance work on operating equipment, including mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, and computer equipment.
- College coursework in business, management, or related technical discipline.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Valid driver license required
- Must be comfortable working in all types of weather
- Mechanically inclined
- Mon - Fri 8 am - 4:30 pm
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.