Service Desk Specialist / Site Lead ( R-00055683 )
The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Service Desk Specialist and Site Lead at Fort Huachuca, AZ
The Service Desk Specialist will support the US Army INSCOM IT Support Services program. The ideal candidate will lead the team that is responsible for IT repair, maintenance and operations to ensure that the site’s information technology infrastructure is operating securely, reliably and efficiently.
This individual also acts as the Site Lead addressing local staffing and reporting requirements, interfacing across multiple teams, with the local Government Customer leadership and reporting up the Leidos Program Manager.
- Provides first contact and incident resolution to customers with hardware, software, and application problems. Includes both customer telephone support as well as electronically submitted requests
- Provides polite and friendly customer service
- Attempts to resolve as many incidents during the first contact, or at Tier I. Efficiently escalates incidents to higher Tier II or Tier III when required
- Documents incident status and solutions in incident database tools
- Possesses current working knowledge of computers, printers, laptops, and common windows applications
- Works through various types Tier II issues with telephone assist
- Provides answers to Frequently Asked Questions or solutions to common problems as part of a customer self-help capability
- Accountable for all aspects of requirements and manages the hands-on, day-to-day issues related to operational activities including maintenance and security
- Acts as first-level supervisor for site employees. Provides guidance and direction to lower level specialists
- Bachelor's degree in technology related field with 4+ years of experience with either Help Desk, Systems Administration, Network Administration, Database Administration.
- Variety of system administration experience in areas such as AD, Exchange, Linux, Unix, patch management, STIGs
- Knowledge of IT service desk requirements and management software
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of at least ten IT professionals; Willingness to work as part of a technical team, both as member and as site lead
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Currently possess DoD 8570.01 certification at IAT Level II, such as Security+ CE
- Currently possess Computing Environment certification such as MCSA: Windows Server 2016 or Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate or Microsoft 365 Certified: Security Administrator Associate
- Currently possess an active TS/SCI
- ITILv3 certification
- Cisco certification such as Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT) certification or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
I2TS4External Referral Bonus:IneligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:Potential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCITravel:Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Systems AdministrationPay Range: