Customer Experience Program Specialist ( 578883-1F )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
This role supports Verizon Connect. Guiding a connected world on the go by automating, optimizing and revolutionizing the way people, vehicles and things move through the world.
As a Customer Experience Program Consultant, you will play a pivotal role in the growth and success of Business Operations at Verizon Connect. You will support the Special Operations Team in the management of high priority projects across multiple operational functions. You will work cross-functionally with stakeholders from every part of the Verizon Connect organization to ensure programs and projects are developed / reviewed / managed from the customer’s perspective. You will have experience in customer journey concepts and have experience facilitating project management or process improvement workshops.
This is a new role that directly supports the Special Operations Leader, who leads a team of Program Managers, Business Analysts and Lean Six Sigma specialists on a mission to tackle complex multi-year internal programs that require centralized resources and coordination, strong project management and a deep understanding of Verizon Connect strategy. The role will support the Business Operations leadership team to carry out strategic objectives of the Business Operations Team.
- Supports Special Operations Leader in facilitating strategic priorities and projects aligned to the five year plan, working cross-functional initiatives to manage large Business Operations Projects.
- Acts independently as a contributor in resolving project strategy, scope, and direction, particularly in the area of customer experience strategy. Understand and teach customer experience methods and tools (e.g. NPS, journey mapping, etc.)
- Communicates project status updates and needs to Special Operations Leader; prepares, reports, and manages against targets/goals including scope, schedule, metrics, and revenue, expenses and capital.
- Influence diverse functional business stakeholders in a matrix organizational structure
- Promote transparency and visibility to work, risks, and opportunities
- Build strong, open, and collaborative working relationships among leadership, peers, and support teams within and outside the organization
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager. The location may be flexible to any valid US Verizon office.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant experience.
- Three or more years of project management experience in a customer facing environment: planning, prioritization, project communication, issue resolution, change management, and risk management.
- Three or more years of experience managing cross-functional support initiatives, with an emphasis on customer experience and quality.
- Knowledge of CX methods and tools (e.g. NPS, journey mapping).
- Willingness to travel up to 10%.
Even better if you have:
- PMI certification.
- Organizational skills and a proven ability to get results.
- Strong solution-focused work ethic with a high degree of flexibility, supporting multiple projects of varying complexities and priorities.
- Strong analytical problem solver with an organized approach to developing influential business cases for new ideas.
- Experience facilitating cross-functional team discussions, including well-developed negotiation skills and providing direction while not have direct authority.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient knowledge of the system development life-cycles and experience managing large, global technical projects.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).