Work from Home! Rep, Customer Care Acct- Open Interviews-Same Day Offers-October 9, 2021 (9am-3pm) (100807)
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to 15 million people in 46 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help make sure we keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for American Water to evaluate decisions about new regulations, reintegration, and safe operating practices, all employees are required to report their vaccination status.
We will have both full-time and part-time* roles available!
$500 Sign-On Bonus available after 120 days.
*PT roles will require you to be available for training 40 hours/week for the first few weeks.
Do you enjoy connecting with people and delivering quality customer service? If so, we have a fantastic opportunity for you! We are looking for dynamic Customer Care Account Representatives to respond to customer inquiries and recommend potential solutions! A Customer Care Account Representative is responsible for selling home warranty and energy related products and services in a blended environment handling mainly inbound customer service calls. Account Representatives will work closely with supervisors and coaches to meet quality assurance guidelines for professionalism, sales/customer service techniques and customer engagement. Come join our growing team!Key Accountabilities
- Assist existing customers with account questions or processes and scheduling repair or maintenance service while selling additional products and services.
- Sell home warranty and energy-related products and services to residential and/or commercial customers by recognizing opportunities to up-sell accounts, explaining new features and benefits while following quality standards and scripting processes and procedures as trained and documented in the company policy and procedure manual.
- Navigate systems efficiently and enter data accurately while resolving customer needs.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of customer account processes (i.e. billing, payments, service) and the benefits of our suite of products and services.
- Ability to successfully resolve customer questions and/or concerns quickly in one phone call by clarifying issues, researching and exploring answers and alternative solutions, and implementing appropriate solutions.
- Reflect our company Values and contributes to our positive, results-driven culture.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and patience while interacting with customers, peers, management, and other departments. Comfortable with receiving coaching feedback and monitoring of calls.
- Take personal responsibility, exploring opportunities to add value, contributing ideas and participating in activities to continuously improve customer satisfaction and productivity.
- Create and maintain personal/team sales goals daily, weekly, monthly.
- Maintain and exceed client and customer expectations through professional interactions on inbound and outbound calls.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to promoting and providing exceptional customer service.
- Proficient typing and computer application skills (minimum of 40 wpm)
- Strong attention to detail with ability to multi task while speaking with a customer on the phone.
- Easily adapt to change while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to work a continuously flexible schedule with punctuality and consistent work attendance.
- Motivation for sales, adhering to set computer guided scripts and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, effective listening skills, and ability to identify needs through phone conversation
- Knowledge or familiarity with HVAC equipment and standard concepts
- Proven track record of exceeding quotas and business goals
- Proven ability to work successfully in a results-oriented environment
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Ability to handle a high call volume environment while maintaining high performance.
- 1 year experience in Sales or Customer Service
- High School or GED
- Previous work experience in a fast paced Call Center environment
- Experience accurately capturing details of phone conversation on paper and in a computer application.
- Experience with direct or suggestive selling
- Associate Degree, some college courses
- Account Representatives may sit or stand, but are required to remain at their desks except for scheduled lunch and breaks.
- Office Environment
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.