Field Service Technician Level 3 ( R-00076777 )
The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Senior Field Service Technician and Site Lead at Austin, TX.
The Field Service Technician will support the US Army INSCOM IT Support Services program. The ideal candidate will lead the team that is responsible for IT repair, maintenance and operations to ensure that the site’s information technology infrastructure is operating securely, reliably and efficiently.
This individual also acts as the Site Lead addressing local staffing and reporting requirements, interfacing with the local Government Customer leadership and reporting up to the Leidos Program Manager.
- Accountable for all aspects of requirements and manages the hands-on, day-to-day issues related to operational activities including maintenance and security for remote site by themselves with demanding customers in austere or garrison locations.
- Provide Tier I and II support at remote field and garrison sites.
- Perform server and desktop installation, basic cabling.
- Perform systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area networks.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve issues with Windows Operating Systems, desktops and laptops.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve software issues with MS Office and Outlook, Adobe, Java, PKIs.
- Execute basic Active Directory tasks and manage NTFS permissions such as share folder access.
- Understand how to apply patches and updates to workstations both locally and remotely.
- Provide desktop system management involving account monitoring, security, operating system (OS) installation, and other local area system administration related functions.
- Maintain and load cryptographic device and keys.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve issues with IP Encryption devices.
- Perform troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair on many types of hardware and software.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve issues printers, digital senders, video teleconferences, VOIPs, and other standard office equipment; operate & maintain servers and storage devices.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve issues with Cisco network devices and LAN functionality & connectivity.
- Bachelor's degree with 6+ years of related experience. Additional years of experience may serve in lieu of a degree.
- Currently possess an active TS/SCI.
- Experience with maintenance of servers, storage devices and applications.
- Experience managing a team of IT professionals; Willingness to work as part of a technical team, both as member and as site lead.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Currently possess DoD 8570.01 certification at IAT Level II.
- Currently possess Computing Environment certification such as
- Microsoft certification, such as MCSA: Windows Server 2016 or Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate or Microsoft 365 Certified: Security Administrator Associate, or
- Networking-related certification, such as Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT) certification or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- ITILv3 certification