NAVAIDS Field Service Engineer ( R-00078011 )
UNLEASH YOUR POTENTIAL
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
The LOGISTICS & MISSION SUPPORT operation in the Defense Group currently has an exciting opportunity for a NAVAIDS FSR
You will be doing field installation of NAVAIDS Equipment at United States Air Force sites including but not limited to Jordan. This will be a Remote opportunity. The job would include ILS, ATUs, TACANs, VORs, DMEs and Air Traffic Control Radios. Requires extended travel (10 to 12 weeks at a time) throughout the world and the Middle East. Responsible for performing customer support activities involving the installation, modification and repair of complex equipment and systems. Conducts onsite installation and testing of equipment to ensure proper working order. Isolates equipment start-up malfunctions and takes corrective action. Trains customer personnel in equipment operation and maintenance responsibilities. Represents the company in a customer support role and is responsible for customer's satisfaction with equipment and servicing. Works on problems of significant scope. Interacts daily with supervisors and/or functional peer groups and interacts with onsite customers. Interaction normally involves exchange or presentation of factual information. Leads site installation teams of 1 to 3 personnel.
The Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
• Coordinates the planning, configuration and delivery of NAVAIDs equipment and installation materials.
• Manages operational requirements. Advises customer of all equipment changes and authorized modifications.
• Coordinates Civil Works and installation service agreements.
• Conducts local visits to customer sites (airports) to help determine requirements, needs, and perceptions (site surveys).
• Works with subcontractor(s) via phone and person to coordinate NAVAIDs shelter builds and system configurations.
• Coordinates consumable and equipment shipments to installation sites.
• Works with customer via phone or person to identify operations/technical problems. Responds to customer complaints and questions until resolved.
• Performs factory and site system acceptance testing.
• Provides flight commissioning support services.
• Acquaints customer personnel with the full capabilities of the equipment and/or systems (familiarization training).
WHAT SETS YOU APART
BS Degree and 4+ years related experience. Four years of related experience can be substituted for BS degree. Military background a positive.
Typically possesses more than five (5) years’ experience in field service environment with at least two (2) of which have been with a directly applicable industry and specific highly skilled knowledge of Navigational Aids.
Secret Clearance Required.
YOU MIGHT ALSO HAVE
Test Equipment i.e. DMM, Oscilloscope, Network Analyzer, Electrical Tools, Hand tools, and thorough understanding of installation drawings and schematics.Pay Range:Pay Range $57,850.00 - $89,000.00 - $120,150.00