Customer Service and Sales Representative - Reservations (Remote - Contact Center) (2200763)
Customer Service and Sales Representative - Reservations (Remote - Contact Center) (Job Number: 2200763 )
In this role you are responsible for using your knowledge of company products or services to connect with consumers and generate revenue that directly impacts our profitability. We are the team handling calls from coast to coast answering the 800-Go Penske line that you see on the back of our trucks. To learn more visit us at https://www.pensketruckrental.com/
We support all Penske Truck Rental locations 363 days out of the year providing the highest level of customer service. You will demonstrate confidence, knowledge of our products and use the necessary negotiation skills for a first call resolution.
Primary Job Tasks:
- Ability to navigate and use multiple computer programs at once with the ability to troubleshoot
- Being self-sufficient with time management. This includes clocking in and out on time
- Communicating effectively with daily checking of emails and being available in Microsoft Teams chat
- Handle inbound calls to include customer service and sales
- Place outbound calls to rental facilities
- Make outbound calls to qualified sales leads
- Meet call quality standards
- Apply coaching recommendations based on Supervisor’s feedback
- Ability to meet and exceed monthly revenue goal
Our position starts out as full time temporary with the possibility of becoming permanent. This is based on performance and attendance.
What our Consumer Reservation Specialists say about their job:
- Penske is a great experience and can open many doors to anyone entering the workforce, Penske is a great company to work for.
- You need to have the ability to adapt and be versatile with each customer conversation. It’s not just about renting trucks it’s about creating that relationship
- You have to be good at numbers while being quick and efficient. In this role you will multi-task and need to remain composed in stressful situations
- This is a great company with great incentives for motivation plus monthly commission
- Confidence is key when negotiating and persistence with obtaining the sale
- I am supported by a manager, multiple supervisors with a very supportive team environment. I am not micromanaged.
- One of the biggest pros of this job is the support of the Leadership Team
- Your call approach can be your own and still be in line with Penske goals. There is no scripting.
- Open 7 days a week from 7AM-12AM eastern time (closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas)
- As part of your regular schedule you will need to work a Saturday or a Sunday. If you want to work both, great!
- You are scheduled a 30-minute lunch/dinner break and two 15-minute breaks daily
- Two shift bids a year. Schedule selected is based on seniority
- 2-week e-learning platform that is instructor led with hands on training
- You must successfully complete this program
- High school diploma or equivalent required, and Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Possess integrity and high moral code to make ethical business decisions.
- Ability to type, listen and think of an appropriate solution to your customer's needs all while keeping up a lively verbal exchange. And you'll need to be fast – customers don't want to wait
- Displays enthusiasm, great voice tone and empathy.
- Ability to adapt in any situation while remaining positive and calm when faced with difficult obstacles.
- Ability to successfully follow a sales strategy to overcome customer objections and maximize revenue
- Basic math, logic, geography and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to follow specific instructions are also required
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 260,000 vehicles, employs more than 29,000 people, and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit http://www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations :100 Gundy Drive 100 Gundy Drive
Reading, PA 19607
Primary Location : United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Job : Other
Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit): : PTL.Telephone Sales Representative
Req ID: 2200763