Service Support & Reliability Engineer ( 593685-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon Connect is guiding a connected world on the go by automating, optimizing and revolutionizing the way people, vehicles, and things move through the world. Our full suite of industry-defining solutions and services put innovation, automation, and connected data to work for customers and help them be safer, more efficient and more productive. With more than three thousand five hundred dedicated employees in fifteen countries, we deliver leading mobile technology platforms and solutions.
As a SaaS leader, we know our talent is the most important component to our success. We hire top talent and empower them to do their best work. As part of the Verizon V-Team, we combine the fun and excitement of a start-up environment with the resources, operational excellence, and brand recognition of an established tech giant.
The Commercial Service Support Team within Verizon Connect’s Engineering organization is responsible for helping maintain availability and stability of our commercial products through troubleshooting customer issues, collaborating with Product teams to resolve software defects, and serving as the link between the Customer Care organization who are on the “front-line” working with our customers and the rest of the Product group.
We have an immediate need for a Service Support & Reliability Engineer to join our Commercial Software Service Support team. This role will drive service reliability, facilitate product support, and drive system and product improvements for our award-winning SaaS applications.
- Actively monitor application performance and maintain system uptime.
- Triage and troubleshoot customer-reported issues or defects from external support teams.
- Work closely with software engineering teams to prioritize reported defectsand requested enhancementsand to detect and diagnose code-related issues.
- Communicate and collaborate with customer-facing teams in resolving escalated issues.
- Collect and document information about product performance, product application problems, and failures.
- Develop and suggest needed product improvements based on data collected.
- Communicate and collaborate with Product Management to create a better customer experience.
- Make improvements to existing product documentation and assist in the development of internal and customer-facing training materials.
- Resolve customer-impacting issuesand incidents within committed SLAs and timelines.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Where you'll be working:
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience using ticketing systems and tools (e.g., Salesforce, JIRA Software).
- Knowledge of relational database technologies – SQL Server, PostgreSQL.
- Knowledge of application development, testing, and integration with proficiency in at least one scripting or programming language.
- Experience with MS Windows and/or Linux server environments.
- Knowledge of Lean and Agile development practices.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies, particularly Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Knowledge of ITIL practices and principles.
Even better if you have:
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or four years of experience.
- An advanced degree.
- Four or more years of experience in an application support, technology operations, systems engineering, SRE, or software engineering role.
- ITIL Foundations Certification.
- AWS certification(s) of any kind.
- Experience with Linux operating systems.
- Experience with NoSQL technologies.
- A keen ability to troubleshoot deep and solve problems.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).