Distinguished Engineer - Network as a Service ( 592915-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
We are constantly innovating to unleash the power of our network and technology and you can ensure we stay at the forefront, providing an unequalled customer experience. You will be a key member of the team focused on the technology evolution of services provided to Verizon customers.
- Collaborating with team members for development of solutions addressing our customer's needs with ability to develop centered onNaaS and SASE capabilities.
- Utilize virtualized resources when applicable for the development of such solutions:
- Defining their topology within an orchestrated environment.
- Modelling the scale and capabilities for these elements within such environments.
- Defining test requirements to facilitate certification.
- Definition of the expected management requirements for these solutions and applications leading to the identification of requirements for Automation, IT and management networks.
In this hybrid role, you will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You are an experienced candidate who is adept at negotiating and communicating with leaders and executives at all levels of the organization. You are able to develop crisp and detailed presentation material which communicate your high level proposals while also having the writing and technical skills to define design parameters within structured documents to be shared with Operations, Implementation, Lab, and Engineering teams. You look for areas for improvement, seek consensus for priority and then diligently pursue and 'sell' the solution to stakeholders.
You’ll need to have:
Even better if you have:
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).