Electronic Repair & Service Technician ( R-00081843 )
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Detection & Automation Operation is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers. Leidos’ SDA Operation, in conjunction with the TSA, also performs on-call, onsite installation servicing of X- Ray Detection Equipment using leading edge technology to ensure the safety of our clients, customer and passengers.
The Security Detection and Automation Operation is comprised of four divisions to align with our customers’ missions and needs:
Leidos is seeking a Repair Technician is responsible for the daily execution of high quality, on-time, electro-mechanical product repair. The Repair Technician executes and completes repair orders, tracks and provides the status of the repair orders, completes the electronic and paper documentation required for the repair order, and uses the ERP system daily to manage the material requirements, routing, and completion of the work. The Repair Technician is responsible for completing repairs on the scheduling plan while meeting quality standards and on-time delivery. This position is responsible for the Evaluation, Test, & Assembly performance (accuracy, on-time delivery, and quality) of all assigned Repair Orders.
- Evaluate, diagnose, and repair electro-mechanical products including creating repair instructions for assembly and test groups as needed if repair requires assistance from other areas
- Enter part requirements and job routing information in ERP system to the unique requirements of each repair job
- Understand and use tools, hand-held meters, and custom test equipment to evaluate and implement product repairs
- Ability to perform board level repairs, to include soldering.
- Understand and use technical specifications and engineering drawings to evaluate and implement product repairs
- Work thoroughly and consistently to achieve on-time delivery of Repair Orders (evaluations and final repairs)
- Use ERP reports (dispatch, backlog, repair, etc.) to stay on schedule and complete work, on-time with high quality
- Meet all customer contract requirements so that the Repair order completion meets customer expectations and requirements
- Assure that ERP data input for each Repair Order is timely and accurate and unique to each Repair Order (e.g. materials requirements, routings, estimated ship date, etc.)
- Identify and support Continuous Improvement, Lean, and Corrective Action activities
- Perform work using safe work practices and maintain daily 5s procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 4 years prior relevant experience
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience in Lean manufacturing preferred
- High level of skill with MS Office (excel, word, etc.)
- Demonstrated successful leadership by example
- Must be able to exhibit a positive attitude and communicate clearly and effectively
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance, if required.
- 3 years or more of direct ERP experience
See how Leidos is safeguarding people and commerce by selecting the link below!
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.Pay Range:Pay Range $42,250.00 - $65,000.00 - $87,750.00