Service Desk - Tier 1 NIPR Technician ( R-00081621 )
Looking for an exciting new step in your IT career?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) has an exciting Service Desk – Tier I NIPR Technician opportunity working in our Meridian, ID; Norfolk, VA; Blacksburg, VA; or Abingdon, VA offices.
A highly motivated information technology technician responsible for being the second level contact for our escalated/complex customer calls. This individual will help ascertain the nature of the call, resolve issues where possible, and escalate to the appropriate work group, when necessary.
• After an initial acclimation period, you will be responsible for greeting our customers via phone calls, ascertain the nature of the call, resolve Level 1 issues where possible, open tickets via a ticketing system and escalate to the appropriate work groups, when necessary.
• Determine the functional area of the problem being reported, e.g. hardware, software, telecommunications, and provide detailed analysis of the problem
• Deploy mobile devices to end users, assist with basic enterprise-level mobile device management configuration and troubleshooting.
• Determine if equipment is warranted and arrange appropriate resolution under warranty.
• Update assigned tickets and continuously coordinate necessary work.
• Document status updates and communicate to necessary parties, including providing follow-up to the user on the status of the problem until resolution, and verify problem resolution prior to closure of the ticket.
• Troubleshoot software and hardware enhancements, application deployments and infrastructure upgrades.
• Escalate problems to next level support if the issue cannot be resolved at Level 1.
• Must have Secret Clearance to start on the program or able to obtain a Secret clearance prior to start. (Interim Secret clearance acceptable to start)
• High School diploma and 1+ years of experience in an Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) role
• Security+ CE, Network+ CE, or A+ CE or the ability to obtain one of these certifications within 90 days following start
• Excellent customer service skills, to include strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience supporting Microsoft Office suite
• Must be available to work non-standard hours during peak times.
• Must be a US Citizen.
• Bachelor’s degree in IT or a related field