Service Desk - Tier 1 NIPR Technician ( R-00081628 )
Looking for an exciting new step in your IT career?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) has an exciting Service Desk – Tier I NIPR Technician opportunity working in our Meridian, ID; Norfolk, VA; Blacksburg, VA; or Abingdon, VA offices.
A highly motivated information technology technician responsible for being the second level contact for our escalated/complex customer calls. This individual will help ascertain the nature of the call, resolve issues where possible, and escalate to the appropriate work group, when necessary.
• After an initial acclimation period, you will be responsible for greeting our customers via phone calls, ascertain the nature of the call, resolve Level 1 issues where possible, open tickets via a ticketing system and escalate to the appropriate work groups, when necessary.
• Determine the functional area of the problem being reported, e.g. hardware, software, telecommunications, and provide detailed analysis of the problem
• Deploy mobile devices to end users, assist with basic enterprise-level mobile device management configuration and troubleshooting.
• Determine if equipment is warranted and arrange appropriate resolution under warranty.
• Update assigned tickets and continuously coordinate necessary work.
• Document status updates and communicate to necessary parties, including providing follow-up to the user on the status of the problem until resolution, and verify problem resolution prior to closure of the ticket.
• Troubleshoot software and hardware enhancements, application deployments and infrastructure upgrades.
• Escalate problems to next level support if the issue cannot be resolved at Level 1.
• Must have Secret Clearance to start on the program or able to obtain a Secret clearance prior to start. (Interim Secret clearance acceptable to start)
• High School diploma and 1+ years of experience in an Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) role
• Security+ CE, Network+ CE, or A+ CE or the ability to obtain one of these certifications within 90 days following start
• Excellent customer service skills, to include strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience supporting Microsoft Office suite
• Must be available to work non-standard hours during peak times.
• Must be a US Citizen.
• Bachelor’s degree in IT or a related field
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.