Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people and our community. Our mission and our values guide the way we do business. The foundation of our Leidos culture is our Values, Beliefs and Expectations by which we select, recognise and reward employees. They create the environment that drives us toward our mission. Inspired to make a difference, we are committed to solving the world’s toughest problems. Passionate about customer success by being determined to understand and respond to our customers’ needs as if they were our own. United as a team, we are bound together by our conviction that ethics and integrity is core to how we operate.
The Service Architect is part of the Service Management team which provides consistent & efficient Service Design, Service Transition, Operational Service Delivery and Continual Service Improvement to Leidos customers.
The primary objective of the Service Architect is to use the Leidos product set (StarTT, SecDevOps etc.) to design services that are user-centric. Responsible for the delivery of cost effective service solutions that achieves customer’s requirements, meets mission needs and which can be fully integrated with the customer’s service eco-system.
The Service Architect will be responsible for:
Bids & Proposal
- Producing Service Management responses for proposals and being the Service Lead on bids, or being a Service Architect in support of the Service Lead (I.e. deputy).
- Delivering an overall service architecture that meets the needs of the customer and Leidos strategy.
- Working with the Project Lead (Programme or Project Manager) to develop an implementation plan to deliver the service architecture in line with overall customer and programme timelines.
- Creation of a Basis of Estimate (BOE) to establish the level of effort for all operations and the effort to stand the service up from an SM perspective.
- Ensuring Service Management resources are underwritten with the Leidos Service Director.
- Creation and management of Service Management RAID logs.
- Working closely with the Solution Architect Lead Engineer and SMEs to ensure the technical solution and engineering BOEs they develop support the service architecture principles.
- Translating customer requirements and contractual obligations into a Service solution.
- Providing thought leadership in relation to service architecture.
- Managing bid workload to a costed budget.
- Working in collaboration with Solution Leads, Programme, SME’s, Capture, Sales and Bid teams.
- Performing peer reviews (Solution Overview, HLDs, Delivery plans etc.) as required to ensure that a high quality proposals are submitted.
- Performing audits, standards compliance checks and due diligence as required.
- Upon contract award (and dependant on Service Architecture availability), responsible for the implementation of solutions and subsequent handover to the Service Delivery and Operations teams.
All aspects of Service Design, creating Service Design Plans (SDPs) and using Service Delivery patterns and common sub-processes to support solution development.
- Collaborating with Solution Architect and Chief Engineer to develop Service Management architecture
- Collaborating with Programme or Project Management to lead on service elements of delivery to enable the transition the service into live production.
- Identifying and managing service risks, dependencies and issues appropriately aligned to the Service Delivery Plan.
- Involvement in transitioning new services from Projects to Business as Usual (BAU) through formal Service Transition processes and Service Readiness Review gates.
- Reporting into the role of the Service Delivery Manager (SDM) to ensure the service model is fit for operational purpose, support and management (maintainable and adaptable) and in line with the Customer and Leidos strategy.
- Liaising with Programme Management, Service Delivery and customers to assure delivery of quality service products on time and to budget.
- Ensuring teams involved with delivery of the service have their processes and supporting artefacts.
- Supporting transformation of the customer organisation to an ITIL based model.
- Working closely with the Service Operations team to ensure that implemented or changed services are capable of delivering to target service levels and performance indicators.
- Championing Service Management and associated processes and procedures within the organisation, operating within the ITIL frameworks and compliant with ISO20000.
- Identifying areas of improvement.
- Establishing CSI mechanisms for the life of the service.
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
You will have experience in designing full end-to-end service solutions in large scale enterprise environments. Good understanding of enterprise IT technologies infrastructure components and business processes. Highly experienced and qualified in service management frameworks (ITIL) and their practical implementation. Experienced in large scale outsourcing bid responses, particularly government model contract. Ideally SC security cleared as a minimum.
The Service Architect must have:
- A detailed knowledge of Service Delivery concepts and techniques.
- A strong operational understanding of service supply chains.
- Experience of Service Design for major IT systems and services.
- Experience of supporting new business development activities and creating value propositions around our service portfolio.
- The ability to write coherent, concise, and readable technical documentation.
- Providing input to the pre-sales process to facilitate submission of high-quality achievable proposals.
- Strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills, interfacing/presenting to director level.
- Experience of developing service based process and procedures in a commercial environment.
- Experience of driving through service improvement activities.
- Understanding of how technology, process, tools and people combine together to provide effective solutions.
- Experience in selecting and applying Service Management principles, policies and techniques in client operational environments.
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines; with a flexible and pragmatic approach.
- Experience of working in a matrix management environment.
- Awareness and understanding of ITSCM and Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery.
- Excellent verbal communication skills including presenting.
- Client Relationship Management - Build effective relationships with client team at all levels.
- Understanding of SecDevOps function and agile development methodologies.
- Experience of the development of complex IT services including customer liaison management.
- Experience and knowledge of financial management, cost centre control and project planning and delivery.
- Experience of developing SLAs and operational procedures in a commercial environment.
- Good strategic planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills - Good team builder and leader.
It is desirable for the Service Architect to have:
- Ability to grasp complex technical information quickly, assimilate and explain to non-technical audiences.
- An understanding of Service integration and management (SIAM) management methodologies.
- As awareness of ITSM Tooling technologies and how they can be used and configure to best serve our customers.
- ITIL v3 / 4 certification
This role will require DV clearance.
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.