Director, Customer Analytics & Reporting - any FE location (52905)
FirstEnergy at a Glance
We are a forward-thinking electric utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making customers’ lives brighter, the environment better and our communities stronger.
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to integrity, safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,000 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a regulated generating fleet with a total capacity of more than 3,500 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with FirstEnergy Service Co., a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. [FEU]
This position is within the Customer Experience group, and reports to the VP, Customer Engagement. It can be located at any of the FirstEnergy Locations.
This position is responsible for building and leading a forward-thinking customer centric team of who are focused on enabling FirstEnergy employees to maximize the customer experience by providing best in class service. This includes research and planning and development activities needed to meet current and future customer needs as well as strategic planning of enabling technology needed to support customer activities.
Responsibilities include building, managing, and providing leadership to a team of customer centric professionals with the following focus and objectives:
- Work across the FirstEnergy to create, develop and support the vision of brand trust, service satisfaction, products and service initiatives that provide customer benefits.
- Customer Experience Focus areas
- Employees – Cultural Transformation, Ethics, Speak Up Diversity Equity and Inclusion & Talent Development
- Focused on the Physical and Psychological safety of team.
- Financial Prudence, controls and load growth
- Regulatory Compliance
- Support of FE Forward & Organization Initiatives for sustainable outcomes
- Engaged Customer Relationship – Organization wide initiatives & Metrics
- Low Income Engagement Impacts
- Affordability Education, Policy and Solutions
- Customer Experience communication governance
- Data Lake Governance, development, analytic insights and quality.
- Customer Experience Steering committee and IT Project
- Leads the research and development of plans and integration associated with customer facing technologies and aligns business efforts.
- Lead efforts to build transparent tools and processes to measure and track the effectiveness of the team and programs
- Leads the capital/annual planning process by establishing and reviewing timelines and deliverables, developing business priorities and road maps, and establishing strategic measures and ensuring alignment to overall Customer Experience Strategic Plan.
- Leads team members in the development of regulatory responses and data requests that support rate case, audit and other regulatory activity.
- Leads efforts on monthly reporting of Customer Experience KPIs that monitor channel development and success that support the Engaged Customer Relationship (ECR) score and associated explanations
- Engaged and supports team members special projects or assignments to facilitate customer experience strategy. Example. FE Forward and Omni Channel Development.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Social Sciences, Math, Statistics, Economics, or Computer Science or similar discipline is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- 10 years relevant work experience at progressively increasing levels of responsibility is required.
- Motivational and inspirational leadership, communicating a compelling vision, measuring performance, and fostering a culture of inclusion and accountability; a mentorship mentality, recruiting, developing, and growing high-caliber, diverse talent for current and future roles while building a high-performing team
- Appreciation for FirstEnergy’s core values and behaviors along with demonstrated experience, mindset, and strong disposition toward transparency, unassailable integrity and trustworthiness.
- Proven ability to foster teamwork and a culture of support, open and transparent communication with the team. Model being a leader who cares.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to serve internal and external customers.
- Experience building positive relationships and working with peers cross-functionally, demonstrating teamwork and collaboration with both internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated leadership in the development, communication, implementation, and engagement of company initiatives
- Experience in Leadership, change management, consensus building skills preferred
- Executive experience, stature, and overall credibility as a trusted business advisor; a change agent with the ability to contribute to the company’s strategic vision
- Strong critical thinking skills, communication skills, collaboration and executive presence/leadership skills
- Ability to proactively identify and mitigate risks and ability to solution issues and manage conflicts.
- Exceptional relationship management, leadership and teamwork skills to be able to work broadly across the company and external.
- Willingness to travel throughout organization and service territory and work extended hours, as required.
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team