VPN Service Level Owner - Telecommute (105776771)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As part of Optum’s Enterprise Technology team, you’ll be a core component in migrating new acquisitions into Optum’s secure network. Working side by side with acquired companies, you’ll use your networking expertise and understanding of Optum’s standards to successfully map out their network integration ensuring their business is not impacted while introducing additional layers of security to their environment.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- The Employee Remote Connectivity Service Level Owner is responsible and accountable for health and well-being of critical services in the network services space, including client virtual private network (VPN ), small-office/home-office (SOHO) VPN technologies, as well as other remote connectivity technologies
- Responsible for all aspects of service delivery: Availability, service ability, Change control governance, high impact problems, prioritization of engineering work Items, input on architectural design decisions, budgetary tracking as it pertains to improvements, capacity, and operational initiatives involved in service delivery
- Maintain a 'Platform Stability Review' document that will be presented to leadership and consumers of your service on a quarterly basis
- Review changes to ensure they meet process guidelines and do not conflict with other services or generate unexpected/unplanned impact
- Directly involved in the continuous improvement activities for their service and will actively participate in the prioritization of work by attending backlog meetings as part of a Kanban Agile methodology to ensure the team is working on the right features
- Actively engaged with all aspects of their service
- Good communication skills are required as the role requires communication with internal customers, business leaders, direct leadership, peer infrastructure teams, technical resources and IT Senior Leadership
- Requirement to provide SLO escalation support one out of approximately every eight weeks - In this capacity, support for the restoration of service for high priority, high impact incidents where leadership may be needed to drive to efficient resolution of outages
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or higher level of education or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in service delivery management
- 5+ years networking, communications, or compute service management experience
- 5+ years of experience in an infrastructure or application support/development role
- 2+ years of experience leading teams or managing teams in a matrix organization
- Knowledge of modern and emerging technology
- Prior experiences leading distributed teams
- Ability and willingness to hold on-call responsibilities
- Solid Customer Focus
- Experience with Cisco AnyConnect, Meraki, business-to-business VPN, and DMVPN
- Hands-on Cisco, or similar networking experience, with recent experience in a Design or Architecture function
- Hands-on UNIX, Linux, or similar experience, with recent experience in planning and design
- Prior experience leading development and/or support for large, critical applications (preferably on multiple platforms)
- Technical and enterprise design experience with network technical concepts, devices and platforms
- Previous experience managing a remote team of resources including offshore team members
- Previous budget management experience
- Previous Healthcare industry experience
- Previous experience in Agile Methods including KANBAN
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Network Engineer, Service Level Owner, Meraki, VPN, DMVVPN, Site Reliability and service management, WFH, work from home, work at home, telecommute, telecommuter, telecommuting, remote