Service Desk Systems and Network Engineer ( R-00082802 )
Leidos has an opening for a Systems Engineer in support of the MARCENT Service Desk in Tampa, FL.
Seeking a Systems and Network Engineer to support the MARCENT Service Desk which includes troubleshooting and resolving operating systems, network and security issues and provide direct executive communications support to directorate AC/S, deputies and VIPs. Utilize enterprise service desk to submit and maintain status of service request, work order and ticket queues. Assist in managing the internal IT support coordinator (ISC) program to include training individual section’s ISCs.
The Position will involve SME level understanding of operating systems, administer network, storage, and voice/video service management hardware and software.
- Participate in software and hardware investigations resulting from issues identified in reported trouble calls during the transition period.
- Provide Technical Assistance (TA) reports for all support provided to MARCENT Service Desk Customers.
- As the subject matter expert, administer network, storage, and voice/video service management hardware and software.
- Participate in Marine Corps working groups to determine Service wide end user device configurations and deployment schedules.
- Provide installation support
- Draft and submit for review, MARFOR level end user device policies that will affect the entire area of responsibility.
- Draft, review, update or amend end user support policies with tactics, techniques and procedures for AOR.
- Plan and execute local deployments of the resultant policies from USMC Working Group.
- Work as a "generalist" on a team responsible for development and integration of current and future MARCENT system builds.
- Provide end-user hardware support
- Proficient in Microsoft core architectures including Active Directory, Exchange and Microsoft Clustering Services, Azure and Office 365 migrations.
- In-depth knowledge and experience deploying multiple Virtualization technologies, including Microsoft’s Hyper-V, Microsoft Virtual Server, VMWare ESX, and VMWare Server.
- Must be familiar with firewalls and their services and security.
- Must be familiar with Cisco networking technologies and configuration.
- Must meet DoD 8570 IAT Level II (Security+ preferred).
- Must have Secret security clearance.
- HS graduate.
- Minimum 4 years in experience.
- Eligible for TS/SCI security clearance.
- Previous service desk experience.
- 2 years experience in military environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with other highly skilled individuals.
- Basic networking experience and Intel operations (IPL, CGS, JMPS, CVIC systems)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- IAT II qualified in accordance with DoD 8570.1m