Part-Time - Access Service Representative (Northwell) - Glen Cove, NY (106253848)
$2,000 Sign On Bonus For External Candidates
Opportunities with Northwell Health. Bring your passion for health care to Northwell Health, an Optum partner in New York. We’re a team that’s committed to providing excellent service to every patient, every time. Employed by Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, you will support Revenue Cycle Management at Northwell Health. Here, we bring together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care must go to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.SM
The Access Service Representative registers patients and provides information regarding hospital rules and regulations. Conducts interviews to obtain demographics and insurance information. Keys information into the Patient Registration System. Obtains appropriate signature on medical, legal and financial forms. Performs a variety of other clerical duties related to patient's registration.
This position is part-time (25 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 5:00 AM - 10:00 AM. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime, weekends and some holidays.
- Manages patient placement and bed board functions
- Contacts insurance carrier(s) to obtain all information necessary for the successful billing of 3rd party payers (coordination of benefits, benefit coverage / limits, co-pay / deductible amounts, authorization, pre-certification and referral requirements etc.
- Re-verifies insurance of recurring patients
- Performs financial assessments and determines patient’s responsibility
- Advises patient of all financial obligations. Communicates balance amounts, deposits and point of service payments
- Prepares charts, registration. forms, patient addressograph plates etc.
- Forwards required items to nursing unit / clinic / ancillary department
- Answers telephone, maintains files, sorts mail and keeps inventory of supplies
- Informs manager of all activities, needs and problems
- Assists with data collection
- Deals with physicians and other customers
- Coordinates expiation documentation and manages patient valuables
- Performs related duties as required
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience with Performing Registration in a Healthcare setting
- Experience with Microsoft Word (create correspondence and work within templates) and Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar management)
- Ability to work any 8-hour shift between the hours of 5:00 AM - 10:00 AM from Monday - Friday including the flexibility to work occasional overtime, weekends, and some holidays based on business need
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Experience with Performing Customer Service in a Medical setting
- Experience with ICD-10 codes
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Northwell, UHG, Glen Cove, New York, NY, customer service, registration, hiring immediately, #RPO, #red