Broker Service Agent - Shorewood, MN (107031736)
This role is temporarily remote. Training is conducted virtually from your home. This role is an onsite role and once training is completed, you will transition to work in the office in the future.
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
Responsibilities of the Broker Service Agent include the creation, analyzing and updating of Excel spreadsheets and contracting licensed Sales Agents with the appropriate insurance carriers. This role acts as the liaison between the Sales Agents and the Sales Manager to ensure critical updates and all required communications are distributed to these partners. Additional responsibilities include scheduling meetings, answering telephones and processing expense reimbursements.
Duties include working closely with sales and other functional leaders to develop and maintain the operational infrastructure supporting sales and sales leadership.
Training will be conducted virtually from your home. This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday to Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends. Our office is located at 23505 SMITHTOWN RD, SHOREWOOD, 55331.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Provide administrative support and service to brokers/agents in the small group health and individual health insurance market
- Manage quoting of new groups and electronic enrollment of data on carrier websites.
- Gather required information such as census data, enrollment information, and carrier requirements from agent.
- Maintain quote and enrollment activity in Sales Force.
- Serve as liaison to the broker/agent to help support administrative functions.
- High volume of data entry, navigation of carrier websites, PDF downloads and e-mail correspondence.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 3+ years of Customer Service experience
- Experience entering data accurately, efficiently and work with confidential information
- Microsoft Excel (ability to sort, filter, and create simple spreadsheets) and Microsoft Word (create correspondence and work within templates)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Reside within Shorewood, MN
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Bachelors Degree (or higher)
- Ability to change direction and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Capable to work independently and as part of a team with a sense of urgency
- Adherence to service commitments and deadlines
- Flexibility to help in other areas as needed
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of healthcare. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: sales, operations, analyst, health insurance, customer service, representative, assistant, medical, office, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #RPO