Associate Director, Customer Strategy - Telecommute (106972976)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Associate Director, Customer Strategy for Individual & Family (IFP) plans is a high visibility and high impact role responsible for developing customer insights and managing customer strategy execution across the IFP customer and member journey. Success for this leader will be measured by overall membership conversion and retention, and customer satisfaction. This leader will be responsible for establishing a a voice of the customer program and bringing clear customer insights into business operations and translate customer strategies to apply to business strategies. Through research, analytics and testing, the leader will also participate in developing experience frameworks and guidelines and implement with IFP leadership to drive annual and ongoing sales, marketing, product, network, and clinical strategies.
This role requires deep expertise in consumer research, customer analytics, and digital analytics. This role requires action orientation, critical thinking, and solid communication skills. Primary responsibilities include:
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
IFP Customer Strategy
- Serve as the IFP thought leader and expert on the IFP Customer and Customer needs across the customer journey
- Leverage internal and external resources to understand, document and internalize knowledge throughout IFP on consumer segments, customer pain points/needs and jobs to be done in the addressable exchange market
- Determine and communicate an exchange customer strategy that will drive the most defensible, profitable, and scalable ROI for the IFP business
- Refresh customer insights on a regular basis and evolve and operationalize customer strategies accordingly
- Work with IFP leadership to determine and communicate actionable customer strategies and participate in translating into Experience principles, guidelines and frameworks that address touchpoints across the IFP customer/member journey
IFP Voice of the Customer Program Management
- Establish a formal Voice of the Customer (VOC) program that includes:
- Listen (collect feedback across channels and departments)
- Interpret (analyze the customer feedback for actionable insights)
- Act (put these insights to use)
- Monitor (measure the impact of the actions)
- Establish a governance structure to report on progress and drive accountability
- Work with internal and external partners and deliver IFP Customer Satisfaction (CSAT), NPS (Net Promoter Score), and other customer feedback
- Oversee proper and consistent Customer feedback measurement methodologies across the Customer and Member experience
- Lead peers and executives to understand the IFP customer and better the Customer/Member experience
- Manage performance of internal and external partners to provide world-class results within agreed on timelines and budgets
- Demonstrated progressive career and leadership accomplishments
- Exceptional conceptualization skills, able to take abstract ideas and materialize them into strategies and execution plans
- Excellent problem solving, planning and decision-making skills. Accurately scopes out projects, sets objectives and goals, develops schedules and resource assignments, measures performance against goals, and evaluates results.
- Solid communicator; capable of effectively presenting ideas and selling concepts and tactics at an executive level; ability to conceptualize and effectuate change management and "out-of-the-box" thinking.
- Proven Cross-functional influence and well-developed relationship building skills, willing to take a leadership role driving initiatives, working across organizations and structuring approaches to new opportunities
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience managing customer listening posts, such as NPS programs, transactional survey programs, or event-based survey
- 3+ years of experience in a Voice of the Customer Program Manager role or similar role
- Experience with web analytics software such as Adobe Experience Cloud or Google Analytics
- Experience managing performance of external agencies, consulting firms, and contractors
- Experienced in identifying issues related to statistical analysis, recommending options, and implementing solutions
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Master’s Degree
- Hands-on experience with Business Intelligence suites such as QuickSight, Qlikview, Tableau, Power BI, SQL experience
- Understanding of CRM/Martech dataset technologies and leveraging third party consumer data enhancements
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.