Customer Service Rep Associate - Las Vegas, NV (107104651)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Working in a call center environment under supervision to receive and process inbound calls from patients, providers and other medical staff. Execute outbound calls or electronic task to assist with providing medical related services. Assist callers with appointment scheduling, prescriptions refills, facility locations and lab results. Resolve routine to complex issues.
- Answers a minimum of 13 calls per hour resolving moderate to complex issues
- Schedule and verify appointments in clinical information system
- Verify and update patient demographic and insurance information
- Send and receive tasks to Provider offices to assist patient with access to medical care
- Receive and process; expedite, stat and at-risk referrals
- Extreme high volume data entry
- Process and resolve expedited patient complaints
- Review and processing of medication refills
- Proactive response to inquiries from patients, Providers, and internal medical personnel
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Basic computer skills in Windows environment
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Knowledge of insurance products
- Ability to demonstrate customer service and friendly telephone etiquette
- Good oral and written communication skillz
- Excellent listening, critical thinking, decision making, telephone, customer service and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate a positive attitude
- Willingness to learn and grow with an established healthcare company
- Display an interest in working in a healthcare environment and offer excellent customer service
- Normal Call Center environment; heavy phoen and computer usage
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Nevada residents is $16.00 to $22.45. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.