Supv, Customer Billing (54412)
FirstEnergy at a Glance
We are a forward-thinking electric utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making customers’ lives brighter, the environment better and our communities stronger.
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to integrity, safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,000 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a regulated generating fleet with a total capacity of more than 3,500 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with FirstEnergy Service Co., a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. [FEU]
The Billing Supervisor, is responsible for leading front-line employees and managing their overall performance and day-to-day work. The position includes a focus on the growth and development of the billers, collaboration with peers across two other billing operations centers, maintaining process adherence and billing accuracy, while working with many key stakeholders. The selected individual will coach and monitor all areas of employee development, including training and performance management. The Billing Supervisor will model FirstEnergy's core Values and Behaviors to lead and inspire others to achieve success in their role. The position requires strong collaboration with the other Billing groups, as well as with other key stakeholders. The Supervisor role requires candidates to be highly organized and demonstrate effective use of time.
The position reports to the General Supervisor, Back Office Billing and is located in Akron, OH.
- Demonstrating the ability to promote and model FirstEnergy’s Core Values and Behaviors
- Promote a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative work environment by encouraging open, honest, direct and ongoing conversations among all team members
- Support an issue free work environment by timely addressing employee concerns
- Oversight of the team’s performance to deliver timely and accurate bills
- Promoting a safety conscious work environment and ensuring safe work practices in accordance with company safety standards
- Demonstrating effective use of time to meet all deliverables
- Supervising non-exempt employees
- Daily proactive engagement with staff to assist and ensure performance and customer standards are met
- Making decisions guided by policies and procedures
- Monitoring the consistent application of company policies, practices, and procedures
- Reviewing daily and monthly reports to analyze operational performance
- Evaluating training needs for employees to ensure the right skill sets and employee progression is on track
- Discuss and document performance results and development goals with employees
- Promote teamwork within and outside the department
- Participating in or leading special projects or assignments
- Coordinating Back Office Billing activities with other departments including Legal, Compliance, Contact Center, Billing Controls, Meter Services, Meter Reading, Line Shops and Corporate teams
- Timely handling of and professional response to complex and technical customer inquiries
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- In lieu of a degree, a minimum 5-7 years relevant work experience required. Relevant work experience includes strong customer service skills, ability to coach and motivate others while working as part of a collaborative team
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Power Point). Working knowledge of SAP, WFM, Pulse, QV and IWD
- Strong mathematical skills to interpret reported statistical data
- Essential core competencies include customer service skills, ability to focus on results and building relationships across FE
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prepare and support presentations for a variety of audiences
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Ability to support emergency situations including storm support which could require working extended hours.
- Ability to flex in a constantly changing environment
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team