Senior Customer Service Representative - Telecommute (107238690)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
A typical day for a Senior Customer Service Representative begins with representatives taking to their workstations and organizing them and setting up their resources to maximize their success in handling calls. That includes reviewing emails, the intranet, the department’s dashboard, and team performance from the previous day. After ensuring preparedness, representatives log onto the phone system and make themselves available to assist callers.
Some days are busier than others and require you to hit the ground running and handle a lot calls while remaining engaged, empathetic, and helpful to the caller. Often callers are dealing with health and / or financial issues that add a sense of urgency to their requests, and you have to maintain a balance between advocating for members, and business processes that make the company successful. At all times, the customer is at the center of what you do. On slower days, you follow up on outstanding action items that you routed to other departments, and conduct follow - up calls with members to close out their contact. You’re always learning something new and expanding your knowledge of the industry and the population of members we serve. It can be a very rewarding experience.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to work a schedule of 8 hours between 5 AM – 6 PM MST.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Handle inquiries, concerns, complaints, grievances and appeals in a professional manner by listening to the member and showing respect. When appropriate, the representative takes action to resolve complaints to ensure member retention and satisfaction by following department guidelines or contacts immediate supervisor for intervention
- Educate members, customers (internal / external) on the benefits of the network and Medicare while effectively promoting Peoples to take the initiative with their own healthcare, services, and policies on the telephone as well as face - to - face communication
- Act in accordance with Peoples Health vision and values. Participate and support development programs, active in staff meetings, and performs company educational offerings as well as demonstrating the willingness to work as a team member when needed for additional tasks to ensure excellent service
- Act as an efficient liaison for the member and effectively documents 100% of their communication in the service module achieving a clear link between subject line, category, sub - category and free text
- Familiarize with standard healthcare concepts, practices, and procedures as they relate to claims adjudication and managed care
- Complete special assignments in an accurate and efficient manner with little intervention from management
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience in a call center environment or related customer service field
- Basic computer navigation skills with experience in a Windows environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite: Microsoft Excel (enter information, save files, navigate through worksheet), Microsoft Word (create documents), Microsoft Outlook (organize email)
- Experience with Internet (utilize web - based internal applications)
- Healthcare experience
- Dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $16.00 to $26.88. The hourly range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $16.83 to $29.66. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.