Billing Customer Service Representative - Remote (107431330)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Healthcare isn’t just changing. It’s growing more complex every day. ICD - 10 Coding replaces ICD - 9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to adapt, and we are vital part of their evolution. And that’s what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
Who are we? Optum360. We’re a dynamic new partnership formed by Quest and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we’ll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you’re looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
As a Billing Customer Service Representative, you'll provide our members with the information they need to make better decisions about their health, helping them get access to the right care the first time. Every day, you'll provide compassionate and empathetic support to 50 to 70 callers providing guidance, support, and resolution for escalated issues. This is no small opportunity. This is where you can bring your compassion for others while building your career.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday – Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (8:00am – 8:00pm). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. This is a remote position and training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Answer a high volume of calls from patients or their representative, regarding patient bill balances, payment plans, credit card payments, patient pricing, re – billing insurance companies and general customer concerns
- Process adjustments, refunds, transfer bills, mail returns and perform manual sales
- Evaluate and respond to all aspects of written billing inquiries, including but not limited to: billing insurances, and updating invoices
- Research, troubleshoot and resolve complex billing issues and customer complaints, taking all steps to resolve and ensure full resolution
- Maintain tracking log of all escalated patient correspondence, providing status updates to leadership as needed
- Ability to perform all aspects of billing customer service as needed
- May be a certified Medical Coder and / or involved in medical coding
- Thorough navigation of both Quest Billing System and the web
- Maintain all Compliance and HIPAA regulations at all times
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of customer service experience OR experience in a medical office, health care, call-center or office setting analyzing and solving customer problems
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Prior health care experience
- Knowledge of billing/finance and eligibility processes, practices and concepts
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Proficient in translating health care-related jargon and complex processes into simple, step-by-step instructions customers can understand and act upon
- Demonstrated ability to listen skillfully, collect relevant information, build rapport and respond to customers in a compassionate manner
- Proficient conflict management skills including the ability to resolve stressful situations
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with Optum360. At Optum360, we're on the forefront of health care innovation. With health care costs and compliance pressures increasing every day, our employees are committed to making the financial side more efficient, transferable and sustainable for everyone. We're part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of companies, making us part of a global effort to improve lives through better health care. In other words, it's a great time to be part of the Optum360 team. Take a closer look now and discover why a career here could be the start to doing your life's best work.SM
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only:The salary range for Colorado residents is $15.00 - $25.19. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $15.77 - $27.79. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: #RPO, #YELLOW