Patient Service Representative (107407292)
Opportunities with American Healthcare Network, a Par of Optum. When you join American Healthcare Network (AHN), you become a part of a team that strives to identify and retain the top healthcare professionals in the market it serves. At American Healthcare Network, we want to be the best healthcare organization we can be. Our mission is to improve the health of our patients. We’re a physician led organization, operating over 70 medical offices in Indiana and Ohio, with over 3000 providers and 1200 employees. We’re also an OptumCare partner, part of UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, and backed by the resources of a global healthcare organization working to help people live healthier lives and help make the health system better for everyone. That’s an important differentiator as more people need our help simplifying the complexities of the American health care system. At the same time, the culture of AHN supports work-life flexibility for providers and places a high value on their physical, emotional, financial and other aspects of well-being. Find out what it means to be part of an exceptional company that values its providers, its role in health care and making a difference one patient at a time. Take a look at American Health Network and explore a new path to your life’s best work. (sm)
Location: American Health Network, a Part of Optum: 550 W Central Ave, Delaware, OH 43015
Schedule: Monday - Thursday 8-5 and Friday 7-4
Specialty: Primary Care
- Greet patients as they arrive and manage wait time
- Assist patients with intake processes including copying required documents
- Collect co-payments, co-insurance and deductibles and issues receipts
- Manage cashier box and daily deposits according to company policies
- Process walk-in patients and visitors
- Answer phones and schedule appointments
- Manage medical records (maintains, files / scans, prepares for schedule)
- Ensure all correspondence is scanned and/or filed in timely manner
- Process requests for medical records release and maintain appropriate logs
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Customer service or healthcare experience
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Experience with medical front office tasks such as patient registration, billing and coding, scheduling, electronic medical records (EMR), prior authorizations, referrals, healthcare customer service / call center and insurance verification
- Strong understanding of medical terminology
- Experience using NextGen EMR, Microsoft Outlook and clinical databases
Proof of immunity to vaccine-preventable diseases is an employment requirement.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Patient Service Representative, Customer Care Representative, Phone Triage, Medical Receptionist, Medical Front Office, Patient Access Representative, Unit Secretary, scheduling, Delaware, OH, Ohio