Field Service Technician ( R-00084883 )
DescriptionJob Description:Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
The Field Service Technician is the primary Level 1 on-site support technician who provides technical support for all Security, Detection, & Automation (SD&A) assets located within a specific airport, seaport, border crossing, or customer site. The FST may also travel to various customer sites domestically and internationally as required. The FST performs preventative & corrective maintenance on complex electrical & mechanical equipment including both gamma-ray and X-ray imaging systems, radiation portal monitors, and explosive detection systems.
- Performing customer support activities involving the installation, modification, and repair of complex equipment and systems;
- Conducting on-site installation and testing of equipment to ensure proper working order;
- Isolating equipment start-up malfunctions and taking corrective action;
- Performing ad-hoc and predetermined work assignments with instructions;
- Following all established guidelines, procedures and policies;
- Working on assignments which are semi-routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required;
- Preparing daily logs and reports on work performed;
- Managing resources, maintaining schedules, and coordinating all repair activities in priority sequence to ensure adherence to contractual service level agreements (SLAs); and
- Working in a customer environment with systems operated in a 24/7 environment which require immediate response times and driving long distances to sites.
- Accepting and updating work order in CRM systems such as Salesforce, Maximo, and KOI for our customers.
- Keeping track of mileage and labor for accurate and prompt T&M submission in time card and expense reporting systems.
- Requires a High School diploma and 5+ years’ of related experience
- Have the ability to read, interpret, and redline drawings and schematics
- Familiar with basic electronic test, measure, and diagnostics equipment such as multi-meters
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and hold a valid sate driver’s license
- Ability to pass a TSA suitability background check
- Must be able to lift, carry & transport heavy equipment greater than 50 lbs. safely, climb ladders at heights above 15’
- Previous experience servicing computer tomography (CT) equipment and other non-intrusive inspection equipment, PLC applications, hydraulic systems, and mechanical background considered a plus, along with network media conversion and software interface.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Detection & Automation Operation is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers. Leidos’ SDA Operation, in conjunction with the TSA, also performs on-call, onsite installation servicing of X- Ray Detection Equipment using leading edge technology to ensure the safety of our clients, customer and passengers.
The Security Detection and Automation Operation is comprised of four divisions to align with our customers’ missions and needs:
See how Leidos is safeguarding people and commerce by selecting the link below!
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral ProgramPay Range:Pay Range $52,650.00 - $81,000.00 - $109,350.00