Customer Service Representative - Mortgage Origination ( R-00085215 )
Leidos is seeking full time Customer Service Specialists with mortgage origination experience to join our Contact Center in Albuquerque, New Mexico. As a Customer Service Specialist, you will make a difference in the lives of others, while expanding your knowledge of Federal Housing Administration (FHA) mortgage policies and procedures.
Our customer service specialists support the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Office of Single Family Housing in their mission to create strong, sustainable, inclusive communities and quality affordable homes for all.
NOTE: This position has the potential to be a hybrid role (3 days in office/2 days at home) with proven performance after 4-6 months.
Come join our rapidly growing team and enjoy these benefits:
- Access to benefits on day one including medical and dental insurance, 401K, Life, AD&D, Voluntary Disability plans
- Paid Time Off (PTO) accrued based on Leidos policy, up to 3 weeks a year
- Ten paid holidays per year
- Ongoing training to support your success
- Tuition reimbursement based on Leidos policy
- Discounted Leidos stock purchase and other Employee Discounts
- Voluntary overtime may be available based on business needs
- Ability to work remotely during the COVID pandemic and beyond based on job performance
As a Customer Service Specialist you will:
- Provide excellent customer service, responding to a variety of calls and emails from the lending industry and the public on FHA guidelines and procedures
- Use your knowledge of the mortgage industry to locate answers in a knowledge database to respond to client’s requests
- Follow standard operating procedures for various topics, systems, and contact channels
- Document all of your contacts in a database
- Keep up to date on FHA mortgage processes and procedures
To be a successful Customer Service Specialist, you must possess:
- The ability to navigate multiple computer systems and applications, and utilize search tools
- Excellent time management skills and dependability
- Self-motivation and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work the 8-hour closing shift, Monday through Friday between 9am to 6pm Mountain Time, based on business needs.
Required Experience and Education:
- At least 2 years of FHA loan origination experience (i.e. loan processor, junior underwriter, loan officer) plus an additional year of customer service or contact center experience, or at least 3 years of loan origination experience working with conventional loans and/or other government-backed loans (i.e. FHA, USDA, VA)
- High School diploma or GED
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Security clearance, which includes a credit check and background investigation.
- Contact Center (omnichannel) experience
- Bilingual (Spanish/English), verbal and written
- FHA experience
*This position is covered under the Service Contract Act and is subject to minimum wage requirements as well as the minimum Health and Welfare benefit. Leidos will ensure that all provisions are met through their wages and benefits.*
**The pay range for this position varies by location and is typically between $20 to $24 per hour; actual rate may be higher based on experience and skills.**Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.