Service Receiving Coordinator (R476423)
Why manufacturing at Stryker?
We are proud to be named one the #1Best Workplace in Manufacturing and Production in the United States by Fortune Magazine since 2017!
Are you interested in getting hands-on experience with products that are making an impact on people’s lives? As a member of our manufacturing team, that is exactly what you will do! At Stryker, you will join a team of amazing people who treat each other like family, while working with products that are improving and saving people’s lives.
Need another reason to apply? Here are 5 reasons to join our manufacturing team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/5-reasons-to-join-strykers-manufacturing-team
Our benefits include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.
Under minimal supervision, receive, ship, test, and/or repair product that may include sub-assemblies, Loaners, Certified Pre-Owned, customer owned units and all other related products in order to contribute to the completion of a variety of product models. Adheres to safety, quality and quantity standards and follows directions and procedures to meet product specifications.
Job Knowledge/Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrates ability to resolve issues independently and update the support team as required.
- Assists others in resolving their issues, offers advice and possible solutions to them.
- Thorough job knowledge. Performs without assistance.
- Peer communication and leadership.
- Work from engineering drawings and/or follow documented instructions.
- Will receive, test, repair, and ship various products using considerable independent judgement to ensure quality, correctness, and proper procedures are used.
- Will be required to comply with documentation procedures.
- Demonstrate acceptable dependability.
- May serve as a subject matter expert for certain processes.
- Maintain orderly, compliant workstation.
- On-time completion of all required training.
- Understands and follows Handbook rules and code of conduct
- Understand and uses material flow process accurately, trains peers and shares insight on improvement suggestions.
- Perform shipping tasks and coach peers associated with international repair.
- Output exceeds productivity and/or service level goals described in job requirements.
- Over 100% attainment to established cycle time standards.
- Helps other team members during downtime.
- Effectively prioritizes work to maximize productivity.
- Flexible within work area and regularly exceeds expectations in interactions with colleagues, supports team and other Business Functions.
- Cooperative approach shown towards others.
- Responds well and adapts to constructive criticism.
- Actively engages with team members.
- Sets a professional and productive example for other teammates.
- Coach and mentor others.
- Is approachable at all times by other members of the team.
- Assist in communication of process improvement projects.
- Communicates and elevates issues.
Continuous Improvement/ Initiative
- Regarded as a valued member of the team.
- Supports other team members and support staff by sharing knowledge, best practices and experience.
- Very effective in application towards job duties.
- Actively participates or submits suggestions in the areas of safety, quality or lean programs.
- Prioritizes work/tasks to increase value for the team and business.
- Actively participates in MDI
- Learns and responds quickly to changing conditions.
- Needs little to no instruction.
- Willing and able to train and work on most work centers/repairs amongst different product and processes.
- Willing and able to train others to work on various work centers within the unit.
- Works well within a team environment.
Education and Special Trainings
- HS Diploma or G.E.D.
Qualifications and Experience
- Required: Basic math and writing skills.
- Certified OJT trainer of other employees on assembly or documentation procedures
- Previous experience in-group problem solving.
- Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/ or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Must wear required PPE and adhere to all safety requirements.
- Must be able to hear and respond to safety alarms, pages and directives.
- Performs repetitive to frequent tasks using standard procedures, tools, and equipment.
- The ability to receive, assemble, and/or ship small objects or component parts.
- Uses a variety of tools that may include, but are not limited to: computers, manual and power hand tools, pneumatic tools, test equipment, presses, and measuring and cutting devices.
- Must have very good visual acuity to determine accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Requires coordination of eye, hand and foot movement with ability to meet cognitive demands.
- Job demands include prolonged standing, walking, moving from one work site to another, ability to function in narrow aisles and passageways
- Job demands include occasional stooping, kneeling, crouching, bending, sitting
- Must be able to follow detailed instructions.
- Must be able to complete detailed documentation accurately.
- Must be able to observe and correct minute inconsistencies.
- Must be able to communicate simple deficiencies/defects.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex product problems using independent judgement.
- Understanding of various complex system repairs.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/About Stryker
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com