Retail Store Customer Service Supervisor (82464)
The Retail Office Supervisor is responsible for building and maintaining the customer relationships that are the foundation of the company’s retail success. This position develops and leads customer service representatives in front office and administrative support, performs store operations functions such as opening and closing the store, and maintains compliance with Company policies and operating procedures. The Retail Office Supervisor is accountable for supervising retail office administrative operations that help the Company achieve high levels of customer service, productivity and profitability.Complexity:
Sets precedent within limits and/or administers operating rules and procedures under management guidance; performs advanced troubleshooting or analysis; uses judgement to select from multiple known alternatives; frequent interaction to provide detailed procedural explanations or technical responses and/or occasional contact to negotiate basic agreements.Primary Job Functions
This section describes the primary /essential responsibilities that this job performs.
1. Ensure guests are always treated in a cordial, respectful manner, representing the Company’s brand image. Resolve escalated customer issues in a professional, helpful manner that strikes the proper balance between customer satisfaction and financial responsibility.
2. Ensure sales orders are processed accurately and efficiently. Follow and enforce cash handling procedures. Oversee the processing of customer credit applications and financing arrangements.
3. Maintain office operations according to Company requirements. Perform store accounting functions and verify the accuracy of sales and office paperwork, ensuring all documents are accounted for and contain store management approvals when needed.
4. Manage the inventory and loss prevention processes and controls, including merchandise receipt, Merchandise Transfer Orders, price tagging and monthly junk merchandise removal. Manage and participate in the bi-annual inventory process.
5. Create, analyze and distribute daily financial, management and other reports as required.
6. Open and close the store in rotation with other management, including the supervision of the entire store associate team when the store manager or sales manager is not on duty.
7. Make employment decisions and/or recommendations on hiring, improvement plans, transfers, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, pay adjustments, etc.
8. Coordinate and manage the work of employees by directing members of the team to meet the area’s goals. Audit regularly to ensure standard operating procedures are being adhered to.
9. Manage employee performance and assist employees in making improvements to their performance through coaching, mentoring and administering performance reviews. Recommend, plan and/or implement employee training and skill development activities.
10. Audit, maintain and ensure employee time-keeping and absentee records are accurate.
11. Communicate company and departmental issues and goals and facilitate employee growth and development through weekly team meetings, regular individual employee meetings, coaching, training, and company-offered learning opportunities.
12. Manage resources to optimize equipment, facilities, employees, methods and materials. 13. Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
Secondary Job Functions
This section describes the secondary responsibilities that this job performs.
1. Maintain reliable attendance.
2. Actively participate in departmental meetings, training and education. Assist with training other employees and providing backup.
3. Complete other assignments and special projects as requested.
Job Qualifications Education:
• High School Diploma, or equivalent, Required Experience:
• 2 years’ experience in retail office environment with customer service experience, preferably in furniture retail, Required
• Supervisor/management experience Licenses or Certifications • None Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of basic business, finance and accounting
• Knowledge of standard retail customer service and sales policies and procedures
• Exceptional customer service and relationship building skills
• Maintain a positive and professional attitude that motivates others and promotes enthusiasm
• Excellent interpersonal skills • Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong attention to detail • Effective time management and organizational skills
• Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
• Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite, internet
• Friendly, enthusiastic and energetic with a genuine desire to provide outstanding service
• Work independently as well as in a team environment
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Maintain confidentiality
• Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement
• Perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment
• Work professionally with customers and co-workers to efficiently serve our customers, treating both with enthusiasm and respect
• Display empathy, understanding and patience with employees and external customers
• Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee/vendor/customer issues or inquiries
1. Occasional Domestic Travel
2. Flexible and willing to work extended hours when necessary.
1. Ethics and values
2. Integrity and trust
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only meeting specific job requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.